CHAPTER 3

Aarohi POV

I wake up to the sound of my ringing alarm. I reach for my phone on the bedside table, turn it off, and look at the time. I put my phone down and snuggle deeper into my pillow. You know that there are days when you wanna just lay on your bed and do nothing. I feel the same right now. After tossing around for 15 minutes, I force myself to wake up and freshen up. I didn't feel like going to the gym, so I laid down my yoga mat turned on the YouTube video, and continued for about an hour.

I take a shower and wear my comfortable work clothes, as I don't have any in-person meetings, so I don't have to wear formal suits. I pack my bag for 2 days and go to make myself a sandwich for breakfast.

OFFICE OUTFIT

I reach the office at around 9:00 a

I reach the office at around 9:00 a.m., and as I am passing the front desk, I see the receptionist there. I go to her and say, "Hello, if you get any bouquets delivered for me, please ask them for the sender's name and inform Avika and please don't send them to my cabin, just leave them here. Thank you." I say that and go to my cabin.

I turn on my computer, remove the contracts from my bag, and place them on my table to send them to the HR team. At 10:00 a.m., Avika comes in with her tablet. "Mam, you have a Zoom meeting with the illustration company director to finalize the artist at 10:30 am,  and the meeting in the evening has been rescheduled to 1:00 pm." I nod, "Great! Here is the contract from the printing company, make sure that you make an extra copy before giving it to HR and place it on my table." I hand her the contract, and before she leaves, I say, "You can leave at 1:00 p.m. as there is no work left. Enjoy the weekend." She gives me a smile and leaves. 

I log in to the meeting at 10:30 a.m. and wait for the director to come. "Good morning, sir. We shall start once everyone joins." The meeting lasted for about 2 hours, which I didn't expect at all as there was a difference of opinion, and it finally got sorted out. "Please send me the details of the finalized artist's personal information, and we can start the project on Monday. Thank you. Have a good day, everyone." I end the meeting, stretch out on my chair, and call Avika into my cabin. I clear out my table with paper and get up to stretch my legs. I walk back and forth to ease the cramp on my leg when Avika comes in. "Mam, you called?" I nod and say, "Can you just order lunch for me as I don't have time to go out. I forgot to inform you, if the receptionist informs you about flower bouquet information, just let me know." As soon as she leaves, I roam for like 3 more rounds and go back to the chair for another meeting.

I finish my lunch and hop into the next meeting, and it takes about half an hour. I shut down all the devices, pack my laptop in the bag, and head outside to see that Avika was still there and other people in the department were there. As I go towards the department, everyone stands up. I motion for them to sit down, and go back to their work. I go to Avika and say, "The illustration company will send the finalized list of artists by today, and I will forward you the mail. Give it to the senior designer and ask her to proceed further. You can leave if your work is done." I inform her and go to the parking lot.