CHAPTER 2

Aarohi POV

I wake up to a ringing alarm indicating that the time is 6:00 a.m. I freshen up and sit on my balcony, which is my comfort space, with coffee in one hand and a laptop in the other. I place the laptop on the table and sip my coffee, enjoying the morning view. After a few minutes, I slowly open my laptop and start my day by checking all the e-mails and replying to the necessary ones. I have a lot of pending work from yesterday, so I decided to go to the office a bit early.

At around 8, I reach the office and directly go into my cabin

At around 8, I reach the office and directly go into my cabin. I place my laptop on my desk, remove my jacket, and get to work. I was halfway through finishing a draft when I was disturbed by a knock. I look at the watch, which indicates the time of 10:00 a.m., which is the usual time the office opens, and I indicate the person to come in. Avika comes in with her tablet in hand, and we start going through my schedule. I have a meeting at 11:00 a.m. with the illustration agency for the current project followed by a meeting with the printing company for the look and feel of the book.

As I was going through the manuscript for the meeting, I heard a knock. I looked at my watch, and I still had 15 min for the meeting. "Come in." I see Avika peeking through and coming inside, holding a bouquet. I stop her in her tracks before she reaches me and ask her to step back and cover my nose. It has sunflowers, which I'm allergic to. I ask who sent them, and she just says someone left them at the front desk. She goes outside to keep the bouquet and brings in the card attached to it. I opened it to see what it said. "Dear Aarohi, today also you look beautiful as always. Have a wonderful day.....XOXO".  I just sigh, looking at the card, and place it in my drawer, which has similar-looking cards, some of which have identical handwriting. I close the drawer, shaking my head slightly while packing my stuff, and come out of my cabin.

I move towards one of the smaller meeting rooms and meet the director of the illustrator company, and we start to discuss the details of the project and specifics for selecting the illustrators, etc

I move towards one of the smaller meeting rooms and meet the director of the illustrator company, and we start to discuss the details of the project and specifics for selecting the illustrators, etc. The meeting lasted around an hour, and we ended on a good note by fixing a date for contract signing and the official start of the project. I shake hands with the director and lead him out of the meeting room.

"Ms. Roy, it was a pleasure meeting you. If you don't mind, can we extend this to lunch? It would be an honor to treat an amazing lady to lunch," the director suggests. I politely smile and decline the offer. "I'm sorry, sir. I have a meeting scheduled after this. It may be some other time. Thank you for the offer." I smile and ask Avika to escort him to the lift.

I go to my cabin, put my stuff in my bag, and inform Avika to leave if her work is done, as the next meeting is at the printing company. I enter the location in my GPS and drive to the location. I stop by a small café to grab a sandwich for lunch.

I arrive at the location and park my car. As I enter, I'm escorted towards the meeting room. I met the manager in charge. The meeting lasted about an hour, and we signed the deal. As we have previously worked with the company, the deal was finished quickly. I was presented with various textures of paper and various designs for the books, etc., that we temporarily decided. I take and keep all the documents in the bag, and I leave the meeting room with the manager.

I go directly home and quickly change out of my work clothes to my comfy PJ's and flop down on the sofa, resting my head and closing my eyes. After 10 minutes, I get up, prepare dinner for myself, go into my bedroom, flop down on my floor cushion sofa, and switch on my projector. As I don't usually watch TV, I found it unnecessary to buy one; instead, I bought a projector. I connect it to my laptop, connect it to my Netflix, and find something to watch.

I was in the middle of watching the drama "A Time Called You"

I was in the middle of watching the drama "A Time Called You". When my mom calls me, I pause the drama and lift the call. "Ma, I was about to call you," I say before she says anything. I hear her saying, "Ya! Ya! This is the excuse you give every time.  Tu ne mera message dekha kya ? (Did you see the message I sent you?)" "Ma Aisa nahi hai ( it is not like that ) " I replied to her while putting her on speaker and open my WhatsApp to see the message she sent. "Ma I'm coming home on Sunday but kal (tomorrow) dinner may not be possible. I have a meeting." I replied to her regarding the message she sent asking me to come home tomorrow for dinner as it is the weekend. Ma sighs from the other end of the phone and mockingly says to my dad on the side  " ye lo dekh lo apki beti ko ! hum itne paraee ho gaye ki hume bhi appointment lena padega milne se pehale." (See your daughter ! We have become such strangers to her that we need to take her appointment before meeting her.)

I hear rustling on the other side before I can say anything, and I hear my dad's voice "Beti come when you are free. Ma and papa miss you. Tumhari ma aise hi hai , tum Chinta mat karo,  me samjha letha hu." (Your mom is like that only; you don't worry,  I will tell your mom). "Papa I miss you too. I will come as soon as I finish work. Take care of your health." We talk for some more time before ending the call. I switch off my laptop and go to bed.

Aarohi's Outfit

Hello every one, here is another update

Hello every one, here is another update. I hope you enjoyed reading it, let me know in the comments. So to make the story more interactive, there will be questions at the end of each chapter and you can let me know your answers in the comments. 

Question: If you love or like watching K-dramas, let me know your favorite drama you are currently watching. 

If you are curious about the author's answer let me know in the comments. 

Lots Of Love

Ashley