CHAPTER 12

Aarohi's POV

It's been a busy few days since the meeting and lunch with Karan. All the directors will leave for the annual meeting in 2 days. I make sure all the final files have been backed up, as I don't want the hacking to repeat.

As usual, Avika comes into my cabin at 10:00 a.m. to inform me about today's schedule. I have meetings with a few illustration companies and also with the in-house directors. Two days ago, I got a reply from the CEO permitting me to change the illustration company. Since then, I have been searching for a company with the potential to collaborate.

I go into the meeting room, place each company's information, and ask Avika to guide the director of the first company into the meeting room. I politely give a smile when the director enters, I forward my hand to introduce myself, which was rudely rejected by the director as he arrogantly sat down. I just suppress my building anger and sit back down. 

I take a breath. "Good morning, I—" I tried to introduce myself, which was interrupted by "RUDELY "I may add. "Look here! Neither do I have time to listen to who you are or promote your company. I want to only speak to the Art director" he arrogantly replies. I sigh, trying to maintain my composure. "Sir, I'm THE Art Director, Aarohi Roy." I say. He looks at me, scanning me and letting out a scoff while pointing a finger at me. " YOU! ART DIRECTOR! HUMPH!! You look so young. See, lady, if you  call the director, I will help you and put a good word out when the director comes." I close the file  I'm holding, making a loud THUD noise, and ring the bell for Avika to come inside. 

Soon Avika emerges, I hand her the file and stand up, saying, "Please escort this person out of the company and make sure to put his name on the blacklist." I give him a sarcastic smile. He bangs the table and gets up. "LISTEN HERE! I'm from the top illustration company, and everyone waits for my call sheet and an opportunity to work with our company. You little good for nothing, ASK ME to get out! You will be on the BLACK LIST, not me" he shouts. "I don't work with people who have arrogance and who don't value their work and partners. I'm happy not to collaborate with the top company then. Avika escort him out" I say, and he goes out, closing the door with a loud thud.

Avika sends the next company's director in, and I politely offer him a handshake. "Good morning. I'm Aarohi Roy, Art Director of the company." He forwards his hand, introducing himself. I start the conversation and give a brief outline of the project. We discuss the work culture of both companies and how they have led some of their previous clients. By the end of the meeting, I had an initial good impression. I put the file to one side, and we shook hands, and Avika led him outside.

I take a 5-minute break before meeting the next company's director. I take a deep breath, keep a polite smile, and welcome the director. As soon as he enters, I get a very weird vibe from him, I noticed his eyes scanning me from head to toe, but luckily I was standing behind a desk. I roll my eyes secretly and think to myself, "Why always the creeps? He looks about my dad's age.

As done previously, I forward my hand to give a handshake, introducing myself. "Ms. Roy, it's a pleasure to meet you" says the director, holding my hand longer than I'm comfortable with, a smirk playing on his lips when I pull my hand away. I give him a tight smile and make a gesture for him to sit down. Before I can say anything, "I heard a lot about you from one of my friends" the director says, leaning a bit back in his chair and mentioning his "FRIEND" who was the previous director with whom we have worked. I want to smack his head and ask whether "his friend" didn't mention why we decided not to work with him in the first place.