Special to me. (Chapter 13)

Sorry it's not going to be a long chapter! Actually quite short! But thanks for sticking with me after not writing in a long time! It's summer now though! So hopefully I can write more! Thanks!
-E
_______________________________
( From previous chapter: )

We kept watching tv for a good hour and we got through 2 episodes that either of us haven't seen. It was peaceful with his presence around. I liked it.

I could feel Brayden's eyes looking at me for a good several seconds before he started talking.

"Hey El, can I ask you something? "

"Ya of course"
_______________________________

Elizabeth's P.O.V

What was he going to tell me? Was he going to ask me not to see him anymore? Why I put myself down so much? It's making me anxious.

"Why do you hang around me? Like why do you put up with my crap?" He asks without looking at me.

"I don't know. I guess I like the way you treat me."

"Well I don't treat you very nice sometimes Elle."
I just look at him somewhat surprised.

"Are you kidding me Brayden? Do you known how kind of a person you are? How genuine? You treat me like I'm normal."

"You are normal Elle"

"You make me forget my troubles. And i really just like hanging out and talking to you. You're a great guy, and I don't know why people try to stay away from you. I can't keep myself away and I don't know why. I don't want to stay away from you. I consider you a close friend Brayden. I can trust you and not feel like I have to try so hard around you. I hope I never loose you as a friend bray."
He smiled over at me and just shook his head.

"What?" I asked

"You're an amazing girl Elle."
I just smiled at him as I felt I ping in my heart.
No this can't be happening.... I don't want feelings for him. I just found someone I could talk to and potentially be good friends with. I always screw it up by my stupid feelings.
______________________________

Brayden's P.O.V

"You make me forget my troubles. And i really just like hanging out and talking to you. You're a great guy, and I don't know why people try to stay away from you. I can't keep myself away and I don't know why. I don't want to stay away from you. I consider you a close friend Brayden. I can trust you and not feel like I have to try so hard around you. I hope I never loose you as a friend bray."

I smiled looking at her. I couldn't believe she was saying this stuff to me. No ones ever said anything like that. I started shaking my head because she's just... Ug. I can't explain.

"What" she asks kind of worried

"You're an amazing girl Elle." I bluntly stated.
And she was. I honestly don't know why she has so many insecurities. She's beautiful. And she's got a beautiful soul. Anyone would be lucky to land a girl like her. But just not me. She'd never like someone like me. I'm too much trouble for her.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks
I looked up at her. Is this the chance? Do I ruin what we've built in just 1 second to take a chance? To kiss her?

"Nothing, just how glad we've become friends." I smiled at her, even though it was a weak smile.
I didn't want to ruin our friendship. she meant a lot to me.