Talk to me (Chapter 9)

Brayden's P.O.V

When I walked out of my house to be on my way when I realized for some reason it was kind of chilly which is weird for the summer, so I got coffee thinking it could be an ice breaker. As I made my way to the park, I saw her stand up looking frustrated yet sad and disappointed. Does a friendship between me and her a big deal?

"Hey, I hope you're not to pissed off, but I stopped by Starbucks and got coffee because it's chilly out. That's why I'm late."

She turns around and just stares at me. Looking kind of flustered I must say.
"Oh, um thanks" she says while sticking her hand out waiting for me to hand it to her while not looking at me.
"How bout we sit down? Unless you want to walk? Doesn't matter to me."
"Let's just walk." She responds softly
"Sounds good. So umm you wanted to talk?"
"Uh yea. I honestly didn't think you'd show up. You surprised me, once again"
"Uh yea." I reply dryly unsure of how she meant for me to take that.
I think she caught on to how the came out because she turned and gave me an apologetic smile.
"You look nice today" the words came out of my mouth without even processing.
"Thanks, I guess"

We walked for a couple more minutes in silence just gazing out surroundings, neither one if us wanting to start the awkward conversation we knew was going to be coming.

"Okay. Enough of just walking and not saying anything. It's driving me crazy. Why did you go off like that yesterday? Is something wrong? After I got home I couldn't stop thinking about what you said."

"What about it? What I said didn't mean to come out of my mouth okay? You weren't suppost to hear any of that. No ones heard that. but the fact that you think you're the only person with problems... Really? Really Elle? There's worse problems than the way you look. You may get made fun of or people may call you names or you maybe you just have insecurities but that's liveable. That's life."

"Hold up, are you getting mad at me because of your issues? C'mon now bra.."
"No. I'm not Elizabeth. I'm tired of hearing everyone's problems. When do people ever hear me complain? Huh? I have dying people in my life and I've lost a lot too. And I.... I'm just tired." My voice gets softer and weaker as I finish my little rant as a sit down at a bench with her staring at me, jaw open standing Infront of me.

She sits down beside me as I have my head in my hands. I don't want sympathy. I'm not this bad ass that I might be out out to be. I'm human. With bad luck. People just don't know because I'm not an attention seeker like slot of people in this world.
I look over at her and she's just staring at the ground.

"Sorry. I don't know wher..."

"Don't be. If it wasn't meant to be said then it wouldn't have been. But you know what Brayden? There's people in your life that are around you, like me, who are here, ears open, and full of advice and open arms. You don't have to run or hide from your problems. Ya, Iv got issues, you have issues, but everyone in this world does. It's life. It is what it is. So do you want to talk about it now? Or..?" She says with caring eyes

I look over at her. I know she's being sincere. She's probably the first person to ever care about how i feel. It's new. It's nice. It makes me feel important.

"You know what Elle? I trust you. I don't know why but I just do. So I'll start by telling you about my mom. I'll start by saying, she's a very strong women who deserves much better in life...."