Okay (Chapter 11)

Brayden's POV:

She grabbed my hand and just held it. We sat there just sitting in silence for a good 5 minutes. I felt good to get that off my chest.

"You know, she must've been that good that god couldn't wait for her. He couldn't wait for someone great to come to heaven." She spoke softly to me

"No. She was my greatness. She was my little sister. She didn't deserve to go. She will never know what it's like to fall in love. To have her first kiss, to drive or to get your heart Broken. She'll never experience that. And I feel like it's all my fault. I always have. If I was just there for her she'd still be here. With me." I gradually start yelling.

I stood up and started backing away from the bench.
"I can't be here Elle. I don't know why I told you all this. I don't know why I'm even here with you."

"What? Brayden, you need to calm down."

"Calm down? You're telling me to calm down? How Elizabeth? I have nothing in life! I have no friends, soon I won't have family and then what? Huh? What's the point? What have I ever done to anyone. I don't even know if there is a god or not. But if there is, i sure hell hate him for what he's done for my life."

With that I walk away from her. I'm so believably frustrated. Not even at her but just with myself and life. I'm only 18 and I have to deal with all this?
---------------------------------------------
Elizabeth's POV:

I stand there and watch him walk away. Trying to process everything he said to me about his life. What am I suppose to say to him? I can't relate to his life? I don't even know how he can handle himself or how he stays so emotionally stable? I can't let him leave like this. I don't know what he's going to do to himself because he doesn't sound like he's in a well enough condition to be alone. So I do what any girl in a movie does, I run after him.

I start running after where he left off to. I spot him near the park entrance and i finally reach him. I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Brayden. Stop."

"What?" He harshly spoke to me

"I don't know you well, nor do I know what you're going through. But I do know well enough that you aren't okay. So I'm not leaving you alone like this."

He just looks at me intently for a solid minute while i stand there holding his arm so he doesn't leave.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Ya, okay Elle" he smiles.