𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 '𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐚' 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

Fandom: Newsies (1992) 

Story name: The One That Got Away 

Book type: Series 

Hope 'Luna' Higgins was the first character I ever wrote for Wattpad. I was in seventh grade and it was just after my chorus teacher showed our class the Newsies movie. I was completely obsessed with the movie and the characters, Spot Conlon in particular. 

I hadn't really written a fanfic to be published before and I was terrified to publish The One That Got Away. I didn't know the response it would get or if it would get attention at all. Luna shot up in popularity fairly quickly. Her story was the first I'd completed. 

Luna's story starts in the house of Joseph Pulitzer. She'd been kidnapped a year or so prior by the man who forced her to become a maid. After her mentor dies, she vows to escape and make her way back to her brother. In doing so, she quickly finds herself caught up in a strike fighting for better pay and fighting for love from the King of Brooklyn. She quickly becomes devoted to Spot, but parts of her long to leave New York. The end of the first book finds Luna leaving New York, her brother, and Spot for Texas. 

The sequel Something to Believe In finds Luna running away from Texas after the family she was staying with was murdered. Along the way, she meets Alicia Trainor, the twin sister of Skittery. She'd left New York after a fight with her brother drove a wedge between her and Blink. Once back in New York, Luna and Alicia find themselves in a battle for blood. The gang that had killed Luna's foster family had tracked her to New York and was going after everyone she knew. The end of the book reveals more about Luna and Race's past and the tragedy of the Manhattan Lodging House. 

Books three and four- Out of Time and End of the Line find Luna and her newsies working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers Initiative. Out of Time finds the group adjusting to their new lives and the powers as well as fighting an enemy from the past. It ends with Luna's departure once again. 

End of the Line takes place during Age of Ultron with two new enhanced soldiers Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. While not finished, the book has been in my drafts forever and planned out perfectly. 

While I don't know if Luna's story will ever be finished, she is perhaps the biggest part of me. She was my first Wattpad character to make their debut and will always hold the biggest spot in my heart. 

Favorite Luna quote: I love you, Spot Conlon. Forever and always.  

Played by: Jade Thirlwall 

Looks: Tanned skin, deep brown eyes, dark hair that's blue at the ends, which later is just brown. She's short with a thick New York accent that most people can't understand. 

Note: I was thirteen-ish when I wrote Luna's character. No, I don't know why she ended up with blue hair or how it happened, but it's canon now.  She's written like a modern-day character and speaks like one too.