𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Story title: Locked Away

Name: Valentine Loraine Potter-Black 

Fandom; Harry Potter 

Book type: Stand-alone

Valen has been through the most changes out of all my Ocs, she's also one of the oldest. Locked Away follows Valen as she navigates her life through Hogwarts after being rescued by Dumbledore. She was given up by the Potters when she was an infant, growing up in various foster homes before she was committed to the asylum when she was seven. 

The first half of the book follows her from fifth year to Halloween 1981 when James and Lily are killed. It shows her relationship with Sirius grow, as well as her relationship with the Weasleys who took her in and loved her as their own. It shows her relationship with the Black sisters and how close she was to Bellatrix as well as the drama that comes with it. 

The second half follows Valen and Sirius' children through their years at Hogwarts with Harry before ending at the Battle of Hogwarts. 

Valen has gone through two different authors (myself and one other) before being completely revamped before my hiatus. She's a seer which causes gossip amongst the students of Hogwarts as well as the teachers. She's very headstrong and relatable while also being shy and unconfident. Her relationship with Bellatrix shows her that she's capable of standing up for herself and protecting herself without caring what anyone else thinks. 

Her story isn't close to being completed, but those that have been around long enough, know how it ends. She's one of my favorite characters and always has been, even with how poorly I've treated her over the years. Valen has been through so much that I feel like she's grown with me. 

Favorite Valen quote: Are you so devoted to a man who cannot love, who cannot give you what you desire? Are you so set in your ways that you can't live for your sisters? For me?