CH. 2 "Windy" - Part II.

"Momm, I'm boreddd,"
Whisky said.

"Me too," Frisky agreed.

"Well, what do you want?" Their mom asked while the pot on the stove steamed with boiling bubbles of air and as she chopped a carrot on the wooden cutting board.

Whisky and Frisky looked at each other. "Uhhh, I don't know." Whisky realized. "You don't know?" Their mom expressed.

"You know what? Lunch can wait. But this drizzle can't! Let's go out!" "What! But it's raining!" Frisky responded, surprised. "Oh just try it, you'll love it! I'm sure." "Okay..." an unsure Frisky said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was giggling all throughout walking to the front door, but you were a bit worried about the rain.

Why was I worried about the rain? Frisky asked, a bit embarrassed.

I don't know mate. You were a bit of a scaredy cat.

Frisky scoffed in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As their mom merrily opened the front door, the crackle of the raindrops falling to the ground quietly overpowered the late morning silence.

Their mom's eyes widened and her expression became a smiling one.

"You know what game this is perfect for?" "No," Whisky said, curious.

"Mumbrella!" Their mom shouted. "Yeah!" Whisky responded. "Oh? In actual rain?!" Frisky, excited, just had to confirm. "Yes Frisky, in actual rain." their mom said.

"Eeeeeeee!"
Frisky and Whisky shrieked in excitement.

The three of them got onto the front lawn. Their mom stood up on the grass on all fours.

"Oh no! It's raining! Quick, get under the mumbrella!" their mom advised. The sisters giggled as they went under their mother for cover.

"That's it, nice and dry! Woosh! Oh no! The wind is blowing the mumbrella! Quick! Get under!" their mom playfully said as she moved a few steps away.