new moon

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

There I was, walking into the school building. 

The feeling of all those eyes on me never failed to make me anxious, and I always end up getting even worse when I see him.

Byun Euijoo. Also known as EJ. He's my brother's classmate, the class president of their grade, the "nerd" of our school, and my crush ever since I first saw him.

Euijoo and I were already close acquaintances, since he was on the nightball team with my brother and my friends. So I get to see him a lot.

I never in a million years would think that he liked me back, being as though I'm popular, and he seems more reserved and into girls that are more like him.

I didn't realize that I had been staring at EJ this whole time, until he stared at me back. 

My trance was interrupted by my loud best friends, Nakakita Yuma and Hirota Riki; aka Maki.

"Aye, yo yo yo! What's up Nikki?!?" Maki practically shouted, putting an arm around my shoulder, while Yuma only shook his head at him.

I rolled my eyes, trying to find EJ again, but he was already gone.

"Great. Maki, you scared Euijoo away! Why are you so loud oh my lord."

Maki just shrugged, "Maybe he'll shoot his shot with you after that. If so, you're welcome." he sarcastically remarked before opening his locker.

I finally looked at the clock on the hallways wall and decided to get my books for my history class.

And just as I expected, when I opened up my locker, there was a bunch of letters from people that admire me.

I genuinely appreciate them, but they can sometimes be a struggle.

So much of a struggle that Maki and Yuma have to help me bring them all home. Not like my good for nothing brother would.

Speaking of the devil, he suddenly popped up next to my locker.

"Hey little sis~"  I slammed my locker shut.

"What do you want, Yixiang."

"Wow- Okay, Yueliang. I was wondering if you wanted to watch me and the guys' nightball game next week"

I shook my head, "No thanks, Nicho. You know I get scared of the moon."

"Yeah, you selenophobic brat!' he ruffled my hair, "I'll see you at class change. Or maybe not. Bye bye." he waved to me and walked to his class.

Assuming that I should do the same, I grabbed my history book, and hoped that dance class would come soon.

It's the only class I have with EJ.

⭑☽

"Yuma!" I called out for him when I saw him up ahead of me in the hallway.

"Oh, Nikki!" he patted my shoulder then whispered in my ear, "You only approached me because you wanted Euijoo to notice you, correct?" 

One thing this boy never fails to do is read me like a book.

I slowly nodded.

Yuma looked around, "Well, it's working. He's looking over here!" 

My eyes widened and I quickly ran away.

"Why am I like this?" shaking my head, I headed to dance class.

In the room, I set my stuff against the wall and sat down.

I went on my phone and waited for Maki, Yuma, Nicholas and EJ to get inside this class. 

I heard the door open, and to my surprise, EJ was there. 

We made eye contact, and my heart jumped when he smiled at me.

He's so attractive.

The way his fluffy bangs cover his eyes a little. His chubby cheeks, his nose that comes to a point, and much more make him so attractive.

He's so perfect.

I think that he was about to walk over to me, when Nicholas walked through the door.

"Wang Yueliang~" he blissfully skipped over to me. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"What now?" 

"Oh, nothing. Your boyfriend was just staring at you too hard."

I tilted my head because he wasn't making any sense.

"Eh?"

"Nevermind that. You should ask him out though. Before someone else does." Nicholas continued, "You may be popular, but you can ask him out now before he gets taken."

I slowly nodded and started stretching.

All throughout the stretch, Nicholas had me thinking.

Just then, our dance teacher, Mr. Choi, walked into the room.

"Hello, students. Today, we will be freestyling. There will be a ranking, and based off of that is how your partner for this upcoming project will be chosen." Mr. Choi stated, "That being said, let's start. Everyone line up."

We went into a line, and somehow, I ended up in between my other friend, Harua, and EJ.

EJ was to the left of me. When he was looking my way, I flashed a sweet smile at him, which he quickly returned, making my heartbeat increase.

His smile is so pretty. 

I was thinking about him, not noticing that Mr. Choi had been calling my name. Harua had to snap me out of it.

"Aish, you're so embarrassing, Yueliang." I whispered to myself before walking into the center of the practice room. 

I requested for Mr. Choi to play 'Impurities' by LESSERAFIM for me to freestyle on.

As the song played, I made sure that I moved my body to every beat of the song. I made sure that my expressions matched the vibe of the song, I could feel everyone's eyes on me, making me a little anxious, but I just danced the feeling away.

By the end of the song, I was panting and out of breath.

Mr. Choi spoke, "Nikki, your form is really good, and I feel like you express your feelings well through dance. You are truly talented. Good job."

I bowed at his feedback, mumbled a slight thank you, and headed back to my spot in the line.

Harua high-fived me, and EJ gave me a thumbs up.

After a few other students went, it was finally EJ's turn.

EJ is a really great dancer. 

His every movement is so graceful and well performed that it makes me fall even harder for him.

He freestyled to 'Fever' by ENHYPEN. I was kind of shocked by his choice, since it's a very sensual song, but EJ is full of surprises.

I watched as EJ thrusted his hips for certain moves and swayed his body to the rhythm.

It was very hot.

But the thing is, it seemed as if he was looking at me during the entire dance.

Maybe I'm just delusional.

Brushing it off, his performance came to an end. 

I instantly clapped for him. Then he got super positive feedback from Mr. Choi.

After another handful of people went, it was finally time for partners to be picked.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆