first quarter

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

During the game, the moon started to show out.

I got a quick glimpse of it, and immediately started tearing up. I told my mom, who I found after Euijoo left, that I was going to the rest room.

So, I left. But something told me to look at the field one last time.

I did, and I saw EJ looking at me. He looked concerned.

I just gave him a quick thumbs up before walking into the school.

Instead of going to the bathroom, I walked around a bit, calming myself down. And a little later, it was halftime.

I sat on a bench, just scrolling on my phone, when I heard the entrance open.

I looked up.

It was Euijoo.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he sat down next to me.

"I came to check on you. You seemed like you were tearing up when I looked at you from the field." He explained, "Are you alright?"

I hesitantly shook my head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I stayed still.

I didn't want him to think that I have some sort of weakling because I'm afraid of the moon. But then he spoke.

"It's alright. You don't have to tell me. I'm just worried about you, Nikki."

"No, Euijoo. It's not that I don't want to tell you. I just don't want to see you me any differently." I put a hand on his arm.

He looked back at me, "Nikki, I don't think that I ever can see you differently. I already lo-" he stopped for a moment, "I already think that you're amazing."

I wondered what he was about to say, but just answered, "Really?"

He nodded, "But, you don't have to tell me. I understand."

He was about to walk away, but my next words stopped him.

"I-i have a phobia of the moon." I quickly shut my eyes after saying that.

He turned around.

"Let's get you out of here."

⭑☽

After me repeatedly telling EJ to not take me home, he didn't listen.

"Euijoo, you can't just miss the game. They need you out there."

"But you come first, Nikki. I'll go back once I know that you're alright."

"But..." I tried to make an excuse for him to go back. Then it clicked, "You said that you'll win for me."

"If you're not there, I'll still win for you." He replied.

He's so stubborn.

"But, I would like to see you win for me. In person. So you can't leave."