waning crescent

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

It was pretty loud and chaotic in my house that day. I mean, what do you expect when there's seven people under one roof?

Nicholas was still out with my mom, so they weren't home yet.

I was sitting on the couch, cuddled next to Ej, when Yuma approached me.

"Nikki, I feel so lonely. Maki and Minki are flirting, and you're over here with Euijoo!" He frowned.

I slightly giggled, "Why don't you talk to Yaeko? She seems lonely too." I whispered in his ear, "And pretty."

Yuma looked back at her, "I guess she is kind of pretty." He softly smiled.

"Go talk to her!" I gave a pat on his back before he went over to sit by her.

I could tell that it wouldn't be long before they ended up together.

Then, I looked over to find Minki and Maki.

Yuma was right, they were smiling and giggling together.

"I guess we all found our people." I leaned my head on Euijoo's shoulder.

He smiled, "We did."

⭑☽

That night, we all had to share rooms with each other.

I shared rooms with the girls, while the boys split between two rooms.

Yaeko, Minki and I were laughing and talking about life, when I got a message on my phone coming from a unknown number.

I frowned, "What's this?" I asked to no one in particular.

It was a picture of two people kissing. The setting was at night, with a waning crescent moon in the background. Which lead me to believe that this picture was taken tonight.

"Huh?" 

"What's wrong, Nikki?" Yaeko asked.

I beckoned for them to come closer to me.

They gasped when they saw the photo.

"Isn't that..." Yaeko trailed off.

I shook my head, "I can't be. I mean, we haven't been dating for long, but I don't think he would do this. Right?" I asked to be reassured.

"He better not." Minki glared at the phone.

I stood up, "I-I think i'm gonna get some fresh air."

The girls nodded.

"Be careful, Nikki." Yaeko said.

"Yeah, stay safe!" Minki added.

I weakly smiled, and headed to the front porch. I reluctantly looked up at the moon, shocked that I hadn't started crying yet.

I decided to take out my phone and ask Nicholas something.

💬

10:38 pm

nicho...

is euijoo still there?

uh nope

he said he had to go home really 
fast

why? is something wrong

ahh, no. everything's fine

thanks tho

mhmm

💬

I know that it's not good to speculate, and come to conclusions without much evidence, but I just couldn't help myself.

I didn't know what to do. 

I didn't want to believe that Euijoo would ever cheat on me, but I had a slight urge to feel that way.

That's when I got another text from the same person.

It was a video.

A video of the same girl and Euijoo making out.

I didn't know what to do.

I felt mixes of anger, betrayal, confusion, and sadness all at the same time.

Was I the problem?

I decided to hold my tears, and go back to my room.

I opened my door. Yaeko and Minki were waiting for me.

"Do you feel better now?" 

With that question, I bursted into tears.

It was as if a river dam broke, and all of the water was out of control.

"What happened?" Minki asked, rubbing my shoulder.

I just pushed my phone towards them, hearing gasps seconds later.

"How could he?!?" Yaeko asked in horror.

"I-I"

I could barely even speak.

"Shh, it okay. We'll get back at him. You were too good for him anyways." Minki hugged me.

I still couldn't believe it.

I still didn't want to believe it.

"I thought h-he lov-ed me." I covered my face with my hands.

"I thought so too. Boys are dumb though. And Euijoo is especially dumb for doing this to you." Yaeko said.

I slowly nodded, trying to agree with her words.

Part of me was mad.

But part of me believed that something wasn't right with how everything happened so suddenly.

⭑☽

The next day, I went out early to clear my mind. 

When I was walking out, I thought about Euijoo, and Euijoo only. But I put on my headphones, and a calming playlist to clear my mind a bit.

Despite the lightly booming beats of "Love Story" by P1Harmony, I just couldn't get my mind off of the whole situation with EJ.

I did not believe everything that had happened.

But how could I not believe it when the evidence was put right before me.

As if reading my thoughts, I felt a light tap on my left shoulder.

I turned around, wanted to know who tapped me.

My face became long after I noticed who it was. 

"Euijoo..." I said breathlessly under my breath.

"Oh my gosh, Nikki!" He smiled, and was about to hug me, but I stopped him.

"I really cannot do this right now." I shook my hands, motioning that I did not want to talk to him.

"W-what's wrong?" He asked, seemingly confused on the situation.

"I..." I trailed off, "I just need some time." 

With that, I walked to school.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆