Me, a Girl Who Wants Freedom

I am Melanie. My life can be described with one word. Work. Work, work and work. When I was young, I was sold for a slave. My dream is to be free. I'm pretty jealous of wolves - they are wild, free and they can do whatever they want to. Everything I can't do. I really wish that I could be a wolf sometimes.

One night, I couldn't fall asleep. I laid at the bed, eyes wide open. Suddenly I saw something - a falling star. There are stories, that if you wish on a falling star, then your wish will be fulfilled. I thought: "I have nothing lose. I wish. I wish to be a wolf. To be a white wolf with blue, bright blue eyes, which would show me the way in the darkness. I wish that. Then I could be free."

Next morning I went out to take care of flowers, plants and animals. When I was hugging a dog, Sparkle, I sighed: "I wish someone would grant me my wish." Then, when I stood up, I felt something really strange.

I saw some white hairs on my arms and thought happily: "Maybe someone has fulfilled my dreams !" I wanted to walk, but realized, that I am standing on four paws. I ran to the pond and watched my reflection. I saw a beautiful white wolf with shining bright blue eyes. I was happy, really happy. But then another another question arose in the very back of my mind and clouded my happiness quickly. What next? What will I do?

I had few ideas, but I finally decided on going to the forest. I always wanted to get away, right? So what's the problem? I almost started running, but stopped half-way through. Question: can I get back to my human form? And if I can, how?

I thought that I will seek for answers later and went on running. I took off to the woods as fast as I could. I was amazed by the great speed, but I got used to it quickly. When I was near The Border (A huge fallen tree, which keeps human world and The Wilderness apart) I quickly crossed it without a second thought. I just knew that I belong into The Wild. Somehow, don't ask me, because I don't know why, but I just know it.