We Meet Again

Several months had passed since I first met the pilot. He had told me, that he would come back and we would meet again. I had waited and I knew that I was going to wait more. I missed him. His face, beautiful brown eyes and dark brown hair. I knew I sounded like I was falling in love, but no. He reminded me of a big brother or best friend... ...but I missed him. That was a fact.

I was walking. Slowly. Towards the place where we had met. Where the fighter had crashed. I knew that watching this place would only bring tears, but I just had to go there. I visited the place every week. Always hoped that he would come back. I was losing hope. I had already lost a lot of hope and I was going to lose more. I knew it.

I was crying. Again. I had thought that he was trustworthy. I knew that he wasn't. But something crossed my mind. Maybe he was trustworthy, maybe I had just lost him. I cried harder. It wasn't my choice. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe it all was a mistake. Sitting and crying. I ran back to the forests to get rid of the sorrow, pain, sadness and other emotions.

Suddenly I heard a sound which I could recognize from million others. The fighters engine. I looked up and saw the fighter and the man, who was kindly smiling at me. I almost jumped in joy. I thought he would never come back, yet he was there, up in the sky, just a little bit above the tree tops. Next thing I knew was that, that he was hugging me. I wagged my tail and smiled my wolf-smile. I was so happy, I thought I was going to explode.

(After some time)

"...So, on that mission, my friend gave me a book. It was about white wolves. And guess what? They are immortal."

So, I am practically immortal. But on the other hand want to be a human again.

"You want to be a human again, don't you? I'll find a way to get you to your human form again. Don't worry."

I gave him a grateful glare. He really does care, doesn't he? But how am I going to get back to my human form? He is not going to try a magic spell or something on me, right? I had heard about witches and wizards who can change animal forms but it is kind of strange and dodgy business.

"I actually know a person who might help you. He is a good friend of mine. Trust me, OK?"

Wow, someone was smiling and happy, when I was pacing around, nervous and worried. I was so sure, that something was going to go wrong. When I was a human, I used to worry about things that others do not even think about. I was alone and I never knew how to treat a friend. No-one was there to teach me. Well, what did you expect, I was sold as a slave after all.