The Icy Mountains

"What?"

"I told you Melanie, Minnie is dead."

"Killed or just dead?"

"Killed."

"Where?"

"Near The Old Oak."

"Got it. I will be back for dinner."

It had been few minutes since a hare called Gina told me that one of my best friends, a mouse named Minnie had been killed. And it had been few seconds since I got to know that Minnie was killed by some wild beasts. I had only heard few stories about them. Forest animals say that they are ruthless killers, monsters and everything else like that including evil. But I don't understand why they killed Minnie. What useful would Minnie's death bring. Only... ...loss. Maybe it's a warning. And as much as I know, wild beasts take warnings very seriously.

"Guys, I know who killed Minnie."

"Who?"

"Tell us!"

"I want to beat him up right now!"

"Come on, who was it?"

"The Wild Beasts."

"You are joking right?"

"Can't be."

"Impossible."

"Why?"

"It's a warning from them. I want you to be careful."

"And you?"

"I'll go to The Icy Mountains for a while."

"When will you leave?"

"Good luck!"

"Be careful!"

"I will leave tomorrow I think. Thanks and I will."

"Come and eat, the food will get cold."

The rest of the evening went quietly. Some birds thought that they should go visit the human world again and other animals ran around chasing each other, swimming or just spending some time with themselves.

"Well, I guess I'll be going then."

"We'll miss you."

"See you soon."

"Bye!"

"Guys..." I started. "...Take care, OK?"

"Sure!"

"Of course!"

"We will!"

"See you!" I said and started running. I didn't look back because it hurt. I know I will not be gone for long, but still.

Let me tell you a little bit about The Icy Mountains. Everyone thinks that it's super cold there, but that is just because of the name. The temperature there is about +15 degrees. So like a cold summer day I guess? Of course when  you reach the top then it's surely like -10 or something, but that's at the very top. At the middle it's fine and at the foot of the mountain it's paradise. I will go near the top. I want to be independent.

I have always wondered what  a Wild Beast looks like. Maybe it's just a cute bat or puppy. Who am I kidding? Everyone says that Wild Beasts are enormous monsters. But all of that business is nothing to me right now. I'm going to have my second page of the book. My own life. 

I am running away. Again. I thought that I can face my problems, but it's harder than I thought. Probably because I have so many of them. Like a huge pile of trash which is moving towards you and you are running away from it. Playing tag, chase, hide-and-seek. But in the end, that pile always gets you and you can't do anything about it except fighting it right at the beginning. I didn't fight at the beginning. I fought at the middle and lost. Now I need to clear my head and face all my problems one last time. And that last time I will win.