Nightmares

A/N hey guys if you read birthday bash before 06/24/15 then there are some changes. I changed the last paragraph or so because I forgot about her cast and boot. Silly me! Hope you guys enjoy this part! You're going to a learn a little more about what happened to Maleah.

...."Leah! Sit back in your seat right now!" My mother yelled.
I rolled my eyes. "I'm just talking to dad."
"Dang right you are. Why are you leaving me stranded?!?" My best friend Tara whined.
Sighing I finally sat back. "Jeesh you guys are a whiny bunch." I said.
"Maleah Brown! Don't talk about your parents that-"
Her sentence cut off as the car started swerving. Everyone started screaming.
We were heading straight for a tree! We hit the tree with a thump and glass went flying everywhere. A sharp pain took over just about everywhere in my body...

I woke up sobbing and in a sweat. The nightmares had gone away the last few days. This was totally unexpected.
Knowing sleep would be impossible now I got up for a glass of water. I just really can't wait to heal. Then I won't have daily reminders of what happened. That night just needed to disappear. If I'd never wanted to go to that new amusement park so bad we could of stayed home and kept our lives as normal.
After an hour of just sitting feeling very depressed and full of grief it was time to go to school.
I put on sweats and a t-shirt. I couldn't even smile in the mirror, I tried but it was never real or even convincing.
After such a great day Saturday and nice relaxation on Sunday I never thought I could feel this horrible on Monday.

My walk to school was very hazy. I don't remember much of it.
Walking into calculus I saw Dane standing beside my desk smiling.
I stared at him blankly. "Aren't bad boys supposed to be angry not happy all the time?" I asked.
He frowned. "I can't be angry around you. Not for real anyway."
I sighed and sat down and stared at my desk.
"Leah, what's wrong today?" Dane asked.
I looked up and paused before just shrugging and looking down.
I heard him sigh.

Suddenly my good arm was grabbed and before I know it I was being made to walk beside Dane.
"Leah's not feeling well I'm taking her to the nurse." Dane said ignoring the weird glances his way.
He dragged me along beside him until we got outside to a very private area.
He stopped when he had me trapped by a wall.
"Dammit Leah you can't do this. You have to f*in talk to me! Now what's wrong?" He yelled.
This side of Dane scared me. His booming voice and the anger in his eyes reminded me why this boy was known as the schools bad boy.
I looked at him before my lip began to quiver. No Leah. Please don't cry in front of him. You've been good about this lately. My head wouldn't listen to me because the tears started flowing.
Dane's eyes softened and he pulled me into a hug.
"You don't have to tell me. Just let it out."
His kindness made me cry harder.
"I miss them so much." I said.
You could feel him pause out of what he heard but he pushed his curiosity aside and kept hugging me and soothing me.
You know for a bad boy he was pretty good at this.
----------------------------------------------
Dane's POV(this is a first):

"Dammit Leah you can't do this! You have to f*in talk to me! Now what's wrong?" I yelled very frustrated.
This girl couldn't start doing this again. Just on Saturday it looked like she was having the time of her life and today she wasn't in the mood to talk. What was wrong with her?
Looking down and seeing her expression I realized something. My yelling had scared her. Her lip was quivering and before I knew it tears were escaping too.
I sighed and pulled her into a hug.
"You don't have to tell me. Just let it out."
"I just miss them so much."
I froze. I did hear that correctly, right?
Knowing she would notice I went back to soothing her.
My mind was somewhere else now though.
Who did she miss? I had to find out but obviously demanding an answer from her just won't work. I have a soft spot for her. It just seems like she's been through so much.
When she seemed a little more calm I pulled away and kept my hands on her shoulders.
"Do you want to get out of here? It seems like school just won't be good for you today."
She looked in thought then nodded slowly.
I smiled and picked her up.
She widened her eyes. "What are you doing?" She asked.
I shrugged. "Giving you a break from walking on that stupid boot"
She laughed and just rested herself against me.
When we made it to my car I set her in the passenger seat and got in the driver seat to leave.
I was going to take her to my favorite place to think.
No one else knew about this place except for me. Well, no live person other than me knew about it.
----------------------------------------------
MaLeah's POV:
Dane was being so considerate. He carried me all the way to his car just to give my leg a break. I can't say I minded. My leg was very sore today and I didn't feel like walking very much.
Now I was in his car and he was taking me somewhere.
Who knew where this boy would take you. He was full of surprises sometimes. Actually very often he was full of surprises.
I sat in his car looking out the window. All we were driving by now were tree.
Glancing over at Dane I realized how happy he looked. He had a small smile on his lips and he looked more relaxed than I had ever seen him.
We drive for about an hour with only a few easy turns before we got there.
It was beautiful.

----------------------------------------------
Thanks for still reading! Please remember to vote and comment!!!
Also I will be having a COVER CONTEST starting now!!!! Anyone who feels like making a good cover and is good at making covers can go ahead and make me one. I will choose my favorite and others will be displayed by chapters and have your name mentioned. Also I will go and read your stories and give you feed back and all that fun stuff. No deadline yet!