A story to tell

I gasped. "It's absolutely beautiful Dane! How did you find this place?" I asked.
He shrugged. "I just kind of drove one day and found it. I've been coming here every since."
I smiled as I took in the beauty of this place. It was in the country. You could see a beach way down below and there were trees and hills all around.
Dane grabbed my hand and sparks flew up my arm.
"Come on. There's a pretty cool path in the woods. "
I walked by his side as we entered farther into the woods. This path was perfect. It honestly seemed like it would make the most romantic date.
All you could hear was birds and the faint sound of the ocean.
Walking through the path made my day a little better. Yes inside i was still depressed about everything that had happened and the nightmare reminding me but i felt at least somewhat normal now.
The path turned out not to be too horribly long. In fact after only 30 minutes or so of walking they came to the end of the path.  At the end there was a little rocky cave area. It was absolutely stunning. Looking down it was a straight drop to the ocean. To the side though, there was a small dirt path that let to the beach.
To be honest mu foot started to hurt. This was a lot of walking for a broken leg. I easily found a rock to sit down on.
Dane seemed preoccupied with the view.
"You know," he said taking her out of her thoughts,"I've been here so many times and each time I come I appreciate all this more and more."
I couldn't help but smile. Dane was known as the bad boy, but I have yet to really see that side of him. I was beginning to wonder if that side even existed.
He turned around and stares at her.
"Do you want to go down to the beech?" He finally asked.
I nodded. "Of course I just need a minute."
He sat beside me. "Are you alright Mal?" He asked.
I looked at him and nodded. "I'm fine my foots not that sore from walking, really."
"Well that's good but that's not all I mean. Are you okay? I know something's wrong today. Not sure what's bothering you and that's bothering me.
I froze. He was asking about why I snapped at him this morning.
"I uh...I guess it's just one of my bad days. Sorry, usually I try to not show it that bad."
All of a sudden sparks flew up my arm and I realized Dane had grabbed my hand again.
"I don't want you to hide your feelings  MaLeah. You don't always have to hide your pain. Let it out."
She grimaced. "That's the thing. So much has happened that I just, well every time I let my emotions out it gets worse for me. If I pretend I'm fine I don't fall completely down again."
He sighed. "Maybe you need to fall down so someone can help you up and you can start over."
I liked at him. "You don't get it. I barely have anyone left. Surely not anyone who has the time or patience to pick me back up. "
He frowned. "What do you mean you have barely anyone left."
I shrugged and looked down staying silent.
The silence was broke with my horrid ring tone. I looked at the screen and saw Kirsti's name. I groaned. Right now I was skipping school. She would not be happy with me.
Dane grabbed my phone. "I can talk to her. I'll make it so you don't get in trouble for skipping."
I nodded.
He hit answer.
Right away I heard yelled an Dane winced.
"Look Kirsten I am very sorry for taking Maleah away from school today. It seemed to be a 'bad day' in her words and I knew school would do no good. My names Dane and she is with me right now safe and sound at a beach. "
There was a pause on the line.
Dane nodded a few times obviously listening to whatever my sister had to say.
"Uh huh. Well I cherish those so I will take your advice and take great care of her. I wouldn't of even thought of doing less. Yep. Bye."
I looked at him biting my lip.
"Well?" I asked.
He looked sullen. "You'll be grounded for two months but not too much anger. "
I frowned. That was a long time for a day of school.
He smiled and lightly hit my shoulder. "I'm kidding. She totally understands. Although she did say she would chop my very cherished man parts off if I didn't take care of you correctly." He laughed. "Your sister is very protective of you. Does she watch over you like a parent often?" He asked.
I knew his question was a joke but that made me freeze. This went from light hearted to despair again.
I sighed. "Very often actually, considering she is my legal guardian. "
He widened his eyes. Obviously he was surprised. He sat there for a moment looking confused.
The confusion was still in his eyes when he turned back towards me.
"You don't have to answer if you don't want to but why is your sister your guardian?" He asked.
I sighed and looked at the ground.
Dane grabbed my hand again in reassurance.
"Dane?" I said.
He looked up. "Huh?" He asked.
"I have a story to tell you."

A/N well...how do you like my story so far? If you have any suggestions I will gladly listen and take advice. You never know what great advice you can get. Please remember to like vote or comment! This may seem stupid to some but I can't believe I almost have 70 reads on my first book on here! It's exciting!