Chapter 7

Tim pov

It was Lucy's day off work so no one thought anything of it at first. We all just went along with our day as normal.

"Hey Tim, can you take a look at this case for me?" Angela asked. "Harper and I have been stuck on it for weeks."

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"A serial killer. We found multiple bodies buried in one spot in the park. All died of dehydration, it looked like they hadn't had food for days either. But the coroner also said that all the bodies had taken heavy beating before they died, it seemed like blunt force trauma."

"Wow, I have no idea, sorry."

"Yeah, we were able to identify all the bodies, mostly women, in their late 20's to early 30's. None of them had relations."

...

Lucy pov

A few times, the doorbell went off. Every time before answering the door, Carter would come down and knock me out so I couldn't scream for help.

At this point everything was hurting. I couldn't even stand in my shackles. I'm pretty sure I had a broken arm as well as my ankle.

I had suffered several concussions from repeatedly being knocked out. I didn't know why he was keeping me alive, but as long as he was, there was hope.

...

Tim pov

The next day I came into work.

"Well, this is about to be labelled a cold case." Angela told me when I arrived.

"That sucks, I wish there were more leads, but some things you just can't solve." I shrugged. "Have you seen Lucy?"

An hour later

"Officer Chen had not been seen or communicated with for approximately 36 hours." Sergeant Grey said to everyone. "It is possible her disappearance is related to the bodies we found it the park. Given the cause of death, it is likely she is already being starved, this means we are in a clock, Lopez, care to take over?"

Angela stepped forward. "Does anyone have any idea who could've taken Lucy? Friends, boyfriends? Who was that guy she was seeing?"

"Carter." I said, a lightbulb then lighting. "She went to his house after shift, he might've taken her."

"Alright, I need everyone to run an extensive background check on this guy. Where might he have taken her, places he owns?" Lopez called, everyone dispersing to go back to work.

I followed Lopez to her computer, wanting to help with the search.