1864

Years had passed since the first time I had brought up my experience with these dreams. Every night or moments throughout the day I would get these flashes of what seems to be my past life.

Last week during my sleep, I saw myself with my ladies in waiting in the gardens. We were discussing my engagement until one of them gave me the most earth-shattering news. After that nightmare, I have been more closed off with my family.

I feel as if I am some alien that has taken place in this world I don't know, yet somehow belong in. My brothers have repeatedly tried to talk to me. I continued to tell them I had been busy preparing for the founders' ball, as my father had made me the representative for the ball. Since my mother passed, my father handed me all the duties the wife usually has. He tells me it will be good training for my future husband and family.

When I told Father I didn't plan to marry any of the suitors he found for me, he smiled the tight-lipped smile saying exactly what my papa would always say, We'll See. I had found a book about vampires in my father's study, so I believe my love is out there. Nik is out there searching for me, I can feel it.

I stayed in my room looking out my window waiting for our house guest to arrive. Father didn't tell us much about our house guests, but he did tell us Stefan and I had to be there to greet them. Damon was gone at camp, so it was two and our father at the house.

I notice the top of a white carriage not far from our house. "Anneliese make your way!" I hear Stefan call for me from downstairs. I make my way down the stairs and meet him outside the house as we watch the carriage pull up.

"Did Father give you any more information about our guest," I whisper to him as the carriage comes to a stop

"Ms. Pierce is her name." He whispers back. A man grabs a step stool and sets it on the ground for the two womanly figures sitting inside. He helps out a dark-skinned woman that looks almost exactly like my Thea. They share the same skin tone, eyes, and nose. I quietly gasp, the woman turns to me and widens her eyes. Maybe I'm not alone in this curse I think to myself. The woman turns to help the other womanly figure out fo the carriage.

This woman I do not recognize in the slightest. She is beautiful in my opinion, I see my brother thinks so too as I nudge him a little. "You're drooling" I whisper.

He throws a glare at me as I smirk at him. He steps towards our guest and when I look at her I see she is staring at my brother with almost the same infatuation. I smile, as he introduces himself. "-----And this is my little sister Anneliese."

I step forward to greet the two. As I step to them Ms. Pierce takes a small step back in shock. Wait, does she know my past self too? I slightly bow my head to her and she reciprocates it.

"It's so wonderful to meet you, Ms. Pierce." I smile hoping to show her I am friendly and probably just as confused as she is.

"Katherine, you can call me Katherine." She stares at me in the continued shock. She knew. Hopefully she can give me answers and help me.