A life with two hidden pasts

June 17, 1922

Dear Diary,

Another day. Another life. Another entry to keep me sane. I live every day as if it were my last. Or, at least try to as Mother tries to keep me somewhat hidden from the world. The bar has been picking up lately because of the ban on alcohol. Mother says it's because of my singing, but I know it is because of our alcohol selection. We have the largest selection in all of Chicago.

My memories of my past lives have all come back to me. It only took the past seventeen years and Mother helping me regain all of the memories. After I had begged for days to find a spell to get me my memories. I now live a life with two hidden histories. Mother says that is normal for someone in our world.

Mother has been decorating the bar for my upcoming nineteenth birthday. It will also be exactly ten years since she saved me from my birth father. It will be the biggest party ever. Gloria's has always been the best place for a party, but Mother always makes sure my birthday is the biggest party of them all. We have become well known for it now.

She said there will be a special present for me tonight at the party. I have been trying to get her to reveal it to me, but she has been so stubborn. I have not been able to focus on any of my chores or school work because her surprises are always the best.

Yours Truly,

Anneliese

"Annie!" I hear Mother call for me from downstairs. I close my diary and make my way down the steps. "Go help set up the stage for your birthday performance. Even though it's your party, doesn't mean you get to daydream all day."

I roll my eyes as I make my way to the stage calling to her. "It wasn't daydreaming. I was merely writing in my diary. I can feel that something big is coming today." I whispered at the end as I had already hopped onto the stage.

Gloria walks over to me as she works on cleaning a glass. "I promised I would protect you. He's one of the things that you must be protected from. We already went over how dangerous he and his family are."

"I know... Just keep me locked up. Away from anything that might be a little exciting." I tell her as I adjust the mic stand to my height. "He would never harm me, mother. We both know he wouldn't."

She lets out a sigh as she shakes her head at me. "Not intentionally. And it's more of what comes with being associated with him that would harm you. We both know you walk a thin line with your curse." She starts to walk back to the bar as she calls over her shoulder to me. "Besides, aren't our parties the tiniest bit exciting?"

Gloria smirked at me as I mirrored her. Excited for the party of the year. The music and the people will be electric.