Dr Glenn Riley, The Fragment

Dr. Glenn Riley, a brilliant psychologist and a close friend of Bruce Wayne, harbors a deep and dangerous secret. Within him reside multiple personalities, each with its own distinctive character and desires. These personas are not just figments of his imagination; they are almost tangible to him, whispering their dark desires and influencing his actions from the shadows of his mind. Dr. Riley's struggle with these personalities is a constant battle for control, one that manifests in a chilling transformation whenever a personality takes hold.

**The Sandman** is the manipulator of dreams and nightmares, using psychological tactics to disorient and control his victims. He wears a dark overcoat dusted with silver, resembling moonlit sand, and his mask features closed eyes, symbolizing sleep.

**Lily and Vogue** are two sides of the same coin, representing duality in chaos and order. Lily, with her mask adorned with floral designs, is whimsical and unpredictable, while Vogue, whose mask is sleek and geometric, is methodical and precise. Together, they wield chaos and order like weapons, making Dr. Riley unpredictable and doubly dangerous.

**Rayburn** is the strategist, a military tactician persona that wears a mask resembling a tactical helmet. Under Rayburn's influence, Riley becomes a master of planning and execution, his actions calculated with military precision.

**The Bogeyman**, the deadliest of them all, is the embodiment of fear. His mask is ghastly, with exaggerated features that inspire terror in the hearts of those who see it. Under the Bogeyman's control, Riley becomes a relentless force of nature, his presence alone enough to instill fear in the criminal underworld.

Dr. Glenn Riley is not just a man; he's a walking arsenal. Dressed in dark overcoat, full body armor, a hood, and the white mask of whichever personality is in control, he becomes a formidable figure in the night. A master of knife combat, Riley collects knives from around the world, each piece telling a story of conquest and survival.

Despite his dangerous alter egos, Riley is a collector at heart. His collection goes beyond knives; it's a trove of artifacts that each personality finds intriguing, from ancient texts on psychology and dream manipulation to military memorabilia and eerie toys that seem to belong to the Bogeyman himself.

Dr. Riley's relationship with Bruce Wayne adds a layer of complexity to his character. As Riley, he is a friend and confidant, but as his other personas take over, he becomes a threat not just to Gotham, but to Bruce Wayne himself. The duality of his existence, caught between friendship and enmity, makes Dr. Glenn Riley one of the most intriguing and dangerous adversaries Batman has ever faced.

****

The night was still. A thin fog had rolled in, muffling the usual sounds of the city. Out of the shadows, a lone figure emerged wearing a long dark coat with a hood pulled up over his head. Beneath the hood, the stark white visage of a mask - The Sandman.

Dr. Glenn Riley prowled the alleyways, his consciousness suppressed under the persona of one of his sinister alter egos. As The Sandman, he felt supremely powerful, able to induce nightmare visions with a glance. Tonight his target was a corrupt Gotham judge who had escaped justice one too many times.