Solace Of Pain

Another Person's POV

"Rajkumar....."

"Let's meet again...."

"Shub...."

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhaa......"

"We will meet again..."

He woke up with a jolt and gasped for the air. He was drenched in sweat and looked around to register his mind. He drinks the water from the glass on the bedside table. He tried to calm himself.

It's not like it happened the first time. He's too used to having similar nightmares since childhood.

It seems different every time but in the end, he felt the same as losing him. He lay down and thought about the man with glistening eyes lying lifeless in his arms.

He never could remember the face of that man whenever he woke up.

"You look so much in pain...Why....?"

He closed his eyes while asking this question to no one. He slowly drifts back into a deep slumber with the comfort of lingering memories stuck in his consciousness.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Seriously.....!"

Virat squirmed when he heard the younger scream. He gave an annoying look to the captain who just stood there with the same expression on his face.

"Why not...? He is a very good player and did so well in IPL. Everyone was awestruck by his performance Shubman..."

Virat put some sense into the younger head. Shubman frowned. He doesn't like someone suddenly taking the place of Rishab just because he is going through a recovery. How can BCCI think about replacing it with some unknown rich kid?

"Well just because he did well in IPL, that doesn't mean he will be good in our team too Virat Bhai..."

Rohit sighed. They don't know why they even having this conversation with Shubman. Virat looked at him again with hope. He sighed and finally made Shubman shut with one answer.

"We are not replacing him with Rishab. He is there because he got the chance to prove himself Shubman and you should first see him play first then speak about whether he will fit into the team or not..."

Shubman wanted to protest. He just heard about a boy Mumbai Indian bought into their team as batter and wicketkeeper. Shubman hadn't seen him before. He just heard about the guy. Whenever Shubman played against MI the boy was never there.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Shubman sat down beside Ritika and Anushka. He came there after Virat insisted he saw that boy play before judging him.

They do not want any bitterness between the team. It was a match between MI and RCB. He waited for the toss and then Hardik won the toss.

They choose to ball first. Shubman was excited to match. After all his Virat bhai was playing and MI also consisted of team India players with whom, he had a great bond on the field.

Soon match started. Shubman tried to look for the new face but there wasn't anyone. He got confused.

Is that boy not playing today...?

He wondered and got snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Anushka cheer for RCB. He claps and soon distracts himself in the match.

The stadium was chanting King Kohli's name loudly when suddenly Someone took Virat's wicket.

He didn't expect that but the way the unknown person behind the stump hit the ball and made Virat out was unbelievable. He must say that boy has great skill.