Chapter One

I don't really remember a time where I wasn't training, or doing school work. The only time I can stop to take a breath is at meals or when I'm lying in my bed at night. My parents are strict and won't let me stop even though I'm eighteen, they always say I'm the only family they have and want to make sure I reach my full potential. Granted my life wasn't always this easy, I was adopted by them when I was six. I woke up in a hospital bed and was told I hit my head really hard and my memories from before the incident will never come back. I was told I had a mom before but she was killed in the same incident that took my memories. I was told my name was Ace and that I was six years old. I was left with crippling migraines, and random spells of vertigo and fainting, sometimes even seizures. So once I was better I was taken to a really nice orphanage, where I met my mom and dad. I was sent to a special prevent school because of the lasting effects of my head injury. Though I was never in classes with any other kids my age and I rarely ever saw any other kids. I learnt to shut myself off from the world and live in my head where everything was quieter. I was pushed to my breaking point every day with constant training and school, I never got any breaks during school hours which were 4:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. I was taking survival classes, kombat classes, cooking, and all of the normal classes, but my favorites were writing and art. I could express myself for the first time in my life.

Today is August 23 2250, walking in the house I hear the tv and walk into the living room. My parents are sitting there watching Life and Death, a show about the rebels, filmed on drowns that pester the people filming them fighting and dying.

"Oh god, not this again. Turn it off, life is hard enough for them as it is, they don't need to be put on tv" I say looking at the tv, some rebels are throwing rocks at the drone trying to knock it down.

"You know it doesn't matter right this was filmed weeks ago" my dad says changing the channel.

"Your fathers right, who knows they are probably dead by now anyway." says my mom.

"Mom! They are still people, how would you feel if you were in their place" I say. I have always had a soft spot for them.

"Don't yell at me like that. You know I'm right they don't live long anyway, why with all those things running around" she says getting up and heading to the kitchen. "Dinner will be ready in an hour so go do your homework" She finishes.

With that I head to my room throwing my bag by my desk and laying on my bed. I can see earth from my window, it looks so nice and full of life. Sometimes I'm jealous that the rebels get to live down there. They get to have freedom which I crave, time to just do nothing even better they have friends, and communities. Stuff I never get to experience. Begrudgingly I got up and headed to my desk to start on tonight's work. I couldn't focus on my work at all, my head felt like it was splitting open, I moved back to my bed and curled up into a ball cradling my head with my hands. My Dad walks into my room very loudly and heads to my desk to see my uncompleted work.

"Why is your work not done yet? You've been in here for an hour" he scolds.

"My head. It hurts." is all I could say.

"Come eat, maybe you'll feel better, and take your pills" he says, turning and walking out. I get up and slowly make my way to the dining table.

After dinner my head still hurt so my mom gave me my headache pills and told me to finish my work for the night. So I did, if I didn't do it I would have extra training tomorrow. Usually Ms. Charity would make me stay for a few extra hours just for the extra training and let me tell you, it is not fun. I am pushed way beyond my breaking point, and no matter how hard I try, I always leave in tears. It is truly something I absolutely dread. Thankfully the meds are kicking in and I am able to focus and get done with the rest of the work. Soon I was back in bed and falling asleep.