Chapter Four

"Are you the only one out here" she asks me. I nod my head a bit, but that doesn't seem to please her.

"Yes," I mumble.

"How long have you been alone?" she asked me.

"Most of my life." I say. It isn't a full lie, but it also isn't the full truth, so it should be enough to get by for now.

"Are you one of those wanders?" she asked me. I shuffle my feet a little.

"You could say that." I reply slowly. "Now who are you? You got to ask your questions now I get to ask mine." I snapped before she could get a word in.

"Feisty I see. Well, my name is Luz. That's Beck, and that's Arlo." She says, pointing to each of them. "And finally, there is Rogue. He's in charge of security." She points to the driver, who looks to be a little older than me. "And before you ask, we are taking you to our home. It would be much safer there, and plus, I think boss would like a word with you." she finishes and turns around in her seat. I just sit back in my seat. I need to start thinking of a more in-depth escape plan.

It didn't take long for us to pull up to a tall barbed wire fence. The gate opens and lets us inside. Right before another barbed wire fence, the driver puts the car into park. Everyone gets out, Beck helps me out. He lets go of me when I am out, but that was were he messed up. I saw the other gate closing and took a chance, bolting straight for it as it closed. I got about twenty yards away before someone was on top of me with their knee in my back and pushing my head into the ground with their hand.

"LET GO OF ME!" I scream, trying to free myself. They pushed my head further into the ground. I could deal with being tackled and having my hands zip tied, but now I can't move at all. I hate being trapped like this. I couldn't even move my head enough to look at the person holding me down. My vision became clouded by tears and dirt as I wormed around. I could see the outline of someone walking closer to me.

"I told you before, you had two options. Now you have none." Luz said, kneeling down next to me. I feel a sharp prick in my neck and my ears start to ring. I feel the person on top of me get up, but I am unable to move as I start feeling dizzy. Someone grabs under my arm and pulls me to my feet, before leading me back toward the car. I completely blacked out by the time we reached the car.

The next time I woke up, I was on a bed with a wool blanket covering me and my head resting on a white pillow. I sit up looking around the room. Its a small room, maybe four feet by six feet. There is a rectangular window on the top of the back wall near the Ceiling. There's a small desk on the right wall with a door next to it leading into what I assume is a small bathroom. On top of the desk sits my bag. I moved so my back is resting against the wall as I take in the room. I noticed the ceiling has some water damage and there's some mold growing on the walls. This is most definitely a prison cell. I looked at the door and noticed the only other window in this room was on it. It wasn't an enormous window, but it was big enough to look out into the hallway or to look in and get a full view of the room.

With a sigh, I get up and walk to my bag. I searched through it looking for my flashlight, but it wasn't there. Then I feel my pockets looking for my knife, yet it wasn't there. I search through the bag again. Maybe I missed it.

"Looking for something," Luz said. Suddenly, appearing outside of the door. I look out the window, seeing her on the other side with two other people. I Recognized Rogue, but the other was a new woman around my age. This new woman has her light purple hair in a pixie cut with two braids on either side of her head. I also noticed she had her ears pierced, along with her septum.

"Where's my knife!" I ask angrily. I haven't been awake for more than ten minutes and I already hate this place.

"We have it," says the new woman. She steps closer to the window and takes a long look at me. "Don't expect to get it back anytime soon. We also took your flashlight as a precaution. We don't want you getting any bright ideas," she states with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at the irony. I've always hated puns.