Chapter 28

Song suggestion for this chapter: BØRNS– Electric Love

Enjoy!

Aiden Vasilakis

"Dickhead? Last time I checked I wasn't the one running around the city with my head in the clouds," Cole's words met my ears before I could really process what was going on.

I looked over at Kristal for help but her face carried the same expression as mine; complete and utter confusion.

"You were literally staring down at your phone when it happened, you're just as guilty as I am," Thea took a step forward getting closer to Cole and I, standing her ground.

Cole had never been an easy guy to deal with, he had a big personality and an even bigger permanent scowl on his face that kept people away. In the duration of our friendship that began in college, I'd seen him smile maybe 4 times, maybe even less. Hell, half of the time I wasn't even sure if he liked me.

With the little affection he had showed me, he still managed to retain his spot as my best friend because behind that scowl was a generous man who was willing to do everything and anything for his loved ones.

"Even your friend agrees that you were the dickhead, right Aiden?" She motioned her head in my direction.

Why'd you have to bring me into it? I wanted to say but instead I cleared my throat and began, "Well I think that you both got off on the wrong foot and that tonight will be the perfect opportunity to turn things around," Thea and Cole continued their staring match, sending daggers each other's way. The air around us had grown increasingly heavy with the tension.

Kris nodded frantically, "I completely agree with you," She said with an awkward smile.

I was wrong, it, in fact, was not the perfect opportunity to turn things around. They had been at each other's throat since the moment we sat down at our booth.

The arguments varied in topic, at first it was them recalling their encounter from earlier and blaming one another then it moved on to the most random and ridiculous arguments. Like when Thea commented on the decor of the bar and all that she would have done differently.

Kris and I tried to de-escalate the arguments to the best of our ability, but it got to a point where it felt like we were parents trying to get their toddlers to stop fighting. It was like just being in each another's presence was enough to drive them up the wall.

The only semblance of peace we got was when Cole got up to check if things were running smoothly throughout the rest of the bar, he was still the owner after all. In the very few moments were they weren't fighting, the four of us managed to share some fun conversations and even a few laughs.