Chapter 35

Kristal Anderson

Kristal Anderson

"Kris, oh my goodness, my Kristal's home," I was being cradled in the arms of the woman who I considered a mother, an embrace that I was so very familiar with, an embrace that usually felt like home.

But tonight it didn't.

Something felt off.

The moment her arms wrapped around me, Uncle Greg's words circled my mind making a shiver run down my spine, sending goosebumps all over my body.

"Missed me?" I asked with a giggle, trying to ignore my body's reaction to her hands on me.

She pulled back to look at my face, "So incredibly much, I can't believe I went a whole weekend without you here, under my wing where you belong,"

It was Sunday evening, the plan was for us to wake up early in the morning and drive right back but that didn't happen. After the show Saturday night ended just a few hours before the sun rose, none of us were in the mood to get just a few hours of sleep just so we could drive back in time. So instead we postponed out departure.

We were set to leave in the afternoon but that didn't quite happen either, it was clear that none of us wanted to leave and go back to our normal lives.

Aiden and I spent the entire morning in bed, huddled up in each other's arms both of us selfishly refusing to let go of one another so much so that we had to order room service. I tried to suppress the smile that lifted my lips at the memories but failed miserably.

"Oh so you were a player?" I sat up from my position so that I was straddling him, we had been changing positions every few hours and now I had found laying on top of him like he was my own personal warm bed of muscles.

The weight of my body was right on his torso that vibrated when he let out a laugh that sounded so real, so carefree. "Far from it," His hands came to rest on my thighs that were now bare after his graphic shirt that I was wearing rose up from my movements. He was in nothing but grey sweatpants that hung low on his hips, the sight of it nearly sent me into cardiac arrest. "I was a complete loser who was trying desperately to fit in with the popular crowd,"

We had somehow landed on the topic of past relationships. I told him about mine which was very underwhelming to say the least; I had one serious relationship which was in high school so I don't even know if you could consider that serious and the rest were just a few casual hookups here and there and first dates that went nowhere.

He was telling me about the relationships he had in high school which was a number considerably higher than mine, "and those relationships were all meaningless, they were with me for status, they knew who my father was, and I was with them because that's what everyone else was doing,"

"So you've never been in love?" I asked raising a brow crossing my arms over my chest.

He shook his head, "I thought I was, with a girl I was with in college, caught her making out with one of our professor during graduation," I let out a gasp clasping a hand over my mouth, "I thought it was the end of the world back then but looking back now I just laugh, it seems so insignificant so childish and I know that if I actually loved her, that pain would never go away,"