Seven Minutes in Heaven

Seven Minutes in Heaven - 1731 words (slight smut!)

2nd person POV:

Tara <3: hey y/n!! you going to ambers party?

you: of course i am! wouldn't miss it

Tara <3: great! wanna come over? we can get ready together

you: omg yes, i'll be there in 10

Tara <3: perfecttt see you soon pretty

Your face turned a deep red at the nickname from the brunette girl, and you quickly grabbed an outfit for the party before running out the door with my keys. Once in the car, you connected my phone to the bluetooth and put on some music, trying to ignore your growing nervousness relating to Tara. You quickly parked your car and ran to the door with a rushed knock.

"Coming!" You ran your hands over your shirt one last time before the door in front of you swung open, revealing the smaller girl. She pulled you into a hug suddenly, and you melted into her within seconds.

"Who is it?" You let go of Tara and walked into the kitchen to greet Sam.

"Hey Sam, you excited for Ambers party?"

"You know it. We're leaving in an hour and a half, so you two better make sure you don't take too long," Sam replied with insincere seriousness tainting her voice. With a playful hit to the arm, Tara grabbed your sleeve and dragged you up to her room. The second you stepped foot in the room you flopped onto her bed.

"Ughhhh I missed your bed so much," you said with a groan, Tara's sweet giggles filled your ears quickly after your remark.

"Oh great, good to know you missed my bed more than me," she replied with thick sarcasm, laying down next to you soon after. You felt a flick on your arm, looking over to see Tara staring right at you.

"What?" You got no response, just a smile before she got up to start getting ready for the party. Your stomach flipped while you watched her root through her closet; butterflies? That doesn't make sense. Tara's my best friend...

"y/n?" your gaze was drawn back to her while she held up two outfits; a tight, gauzy blue and black dress, and black cargo jeans with a light blue lace tank top. You hummed in question, as you completely missed whatever she originally asked.

"Where's your head at? C'mon, which one should I wear?" Your eyes flicked between the two options, ultimately landing on the second option.

"I'd say the tank top and cargos, although I'm not sure if I'm the one you should be coming to for fashion advice," you replied, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Yeah right, you have the best style out of everyone in our friend group."

"If you say so." You shrugged and unzipped your bag, searching for the outfit your brought for the party. You expected Tara to go in her bathroom to change or something, but she pulled her top off without warning. You weren't sure why this surprised you, as you've changed in front of each other many times, but this time it made your face heat up and your breath quicken, seeing her stand their in just her bra and sweatpants.

"You good?" Her eyes caught yours, your words getting stuck in your throat for a few seconds.

"Yeah I'm good, sorry." Going back to your bag, you felt Tara still staring at you but attempted to ignore her eyes boring into the back of your head. Finally finding the necklace you were looking for, you spun around and pulled your shirt over your head while you tried to collect your thoughts. What is going on? This doesn't make any sense, I've known Tara for forever... You slipped your dress on and grabbed your makeup bag, heading for the bathroom where Tara was already putting on her jewelry.