Once Upon a Swap

Open on Eda's human collectibles stand in the market. King is jumping on the table, trying to grab a flag hanging above him.

"Weh!" King falls off the table. "Stupid flag!"

Luz walks in carrying a ladder and a wooden sign.

"It's been a little slow around here, but I've got just the thing to attract customers."

Luz puts the wooden sign on top of the 'HUMAN COLLECTABLES' sign and taps it, activating the light glyphs carved into it.

"And who doesn't like their name in lights?"

Fully illuminated, a winking face of Eda appears.

"Is it too subtle?"

"Does subtle mean ugly?"

Luz and King turn to see Boscha, Skara, and an Oracle track student standing at the stand.

"Hi, Boscha! Hexsidians! See anything you like?"

"Ew! No. I'm just here to take an ironic Penstagram next to your weird flashing trash sign."

Boscha summons her scroll and takes several pictures.

"It's not funny, Boscha."

"What are you going to do? Spit your human venom on me?"

"You have venom? Quick, Luz, start melting faces!"

Luz kneels. "Even if I could, it's not worth it. You wouldn't understand how to handle teens like her."

King grabs her hood. "No, I'll show you what to do." He grunts and jumps onto the table. "You will tremble before me!"

The three teens stare at him.

"Oh, he's so cute!"

Boscha hugs King and summons her scroll, taking a picture with a filter.

"Weh!" King shoves her face.

"How much? I have to own him."

King frees himself. "You couldn't afford me, sister!"

"Aw!"

"That's the incorrect reaction!"

Eda sniffs. "I smell an easy mark." She jumps out of the tent. "Hey, kid! Can I offer you the latest fashions from..." Eda magically dresses herself in horribly clashing clothes. "The human realm?"

"Yeah, no."

Skara and the Oracle track student laugh as the three of them leave.

"Well," Eda returns to her normal outfit. "I hate her."

"Yeah, teens can be sour, but I'm a little sweetie. Look what I made you!"

Luz points to her sign.

"Luz!" Eda takes the sign down.

"Did I spell something wrong? Or did I spell something right?"

"Stop that." Eda wipes away the lights. "You may be forgetting something, Luz. I'm kinda..." Eda holds up her wanted poster. "on the run! Remember? Every guard in town would be at my doorstep if I had my name in lights."

"Well, I don't see anyone right now. Maybe you're just being paranoid. You're a powerful witch. Why hide when you can 'poof' all your problems away with magic?"

"Luz that's beside the point, Eda may be powerful but who wants to deal with guards constantly coming after us because of a sign?" Kaito says tiredly. "I need a nap, dealing with you people sometimes feels like I'm taking care of children."