31 ¶¶ FOR JORDAN

~*~
ASHLEY

"

"Moana's really pretty." Jordan's voice came from the living room.

"I thought you said, Belle was." Kyle respond also came in.

The two of them have been binge watching Disney series all day making silly comments about all the characters.

"Yeah, that's because all princesses are pretty. Pay attention Kyle." You could literally hear the duh in her tone.

I chuckled while Kyle argued that he was paying attention.

"Mummy's like Moana you know?"

That made me pause halfway while spreading mayo on the toast.

"What do you mean?" I say Kyle glance in my direction from the corner of my eye.

"Moana has no prince." She pointed to the displaying Disney movie.

What???

"But she has Maui?"

My sassy kid rolled her eyes, groaned and threw her head back. "Maui isn't a Prince. He's Moana's assistant. I thought you were paying attention."

I picked up two plates of dished out sandwich before walking towards the two. "That's because she doesn't need a Prince and neither to I."

Kyle muttered a thanks before stuffing his face with it

"But Jayden is your prince right?" Jordan stated with a grin on her face and Kyle glanced at me for a short moment.

"No, he's your prince." I tapped her nose trying to distract her from the awkward topic.

"He's my daddy not my prince. Right Kyle."

I silently begged Kyle with my expressions not to lead her on.

Thing have been more rocky between me and Jayden after the incident. I was really disappointed with what he did and I guess he understood that because he only called and drastically reduced his visits.

I appreciate the fact that he's giving me space but Jordan isn't hiding her annoyance about Jayden being absent.

"Well your mummy says he's not her prince so we have to respect that don't we?" He said with a patronizing voice

She rolled her eyes before grudgingly nodding in agreement. The two proceeded move their focus to the tv on front of them and after cleaning up after myself, I joined them.

Just then, the doorbell rang and Jordan immediately sprang up her feet and towards the door.

"Sweetie what did I say about getting the door without me?" I turned my attention from the tv and to the kid rushing towards the door.

"But it could be Jayden." She reached for the knob and twisted it open. "Jayden." She squealed.

Jayden walked in holding Jordan in his arms and I noticed a small tic in the smile he was trying to keep.

When I tried tracing where he was focused on, it led me to Kyle who also has a similar expression to Jayden's.

Awkward.

He finally tore his eyes away from Kyle and gave me a small smile which I returned. I really wasn't comfortable with how tense things became between us but I had to let him know that I wasn't going to tolerate some things from him.

Jayden simply ignored the fact that Kyle was right there and was more focused on the kid who was filling him in on all the important stuff he missed when he wasn't around.