{The Match}

!warning! Mature content (I had to say it guys)

The Quidditch season was coming closer and closer by the day. It seemed as if everyone was thinking about that. Even Flitwick mentioned Quidditch twice, while he handed out the mock exams to the seventh years. Of course, I wasn't given one. I was there to participate in the class not to finish school.

That exam was like a present from Merlin for me. I put out my notebook and started scribbling like my life depended on it. Wood gave me some annoyed glances, but I chose to ignore him, like I always do. As I was trying to capture the best placement for the chasers, I happened to catch a glance of Wood, who had his hands in his hair, pulling at them as he looked at his parchment with despair. I shifted slightly on my seat to look what the question was about.

"The Patronus charm," I whispered at him.

He turned to me with a frown, then his expression turned to anger. "I don't need your help..."

I shrugged. "Seems like you do."

"Times up!" Flitwick said, and everyone tried their hardest to write the last few words on the parchment before he swished his wand and all the papers gathered next to him. "Class dismissed!" he said, and we started gathering our things.

"So, how did you do?" I asked.

"Don't make small talk," he said.

"I'm not making small talk, I'm just mocking you." He turned to look at me and I gave him a big smile, filled with irony. We had started exiting the room when Flitwick's voice was heard.

"Oh, Miss Owens, Mr. Wood, a word?" he said. I looked at Wood with a frown and so did he.
We turned simultaneously, and started walking, trying to stay away from one another.

"First of all," he said. "Mr. Wood, I understand your ambition and your need to focus on Quidditch, but there are a lot of players that don't get a spot in a team so easily on their first year out. I would advise you to focus on your schoolwork more."

I turned to look at him. He was red, from embarrassment. I actually felt bad for him for a second. "Yes, sir," he said, in a slow voice.

"So, Madam Hooch wants me to inform you she wants you in her office for the captains' meeting now," Flitwick said, "Do not be late."

"Oh, of course, sir," I said, and we turned to start walking away.

"Miss Owens," he said, and Wood and I stopped. Flitwick handed me a piece of parchment that I realized quickly was my essay I gave him a week before. He just smiled at me and continued his work. I looked at the parchment in front of me that was decorated by a big "O" for Outstanding. I tried to keep my smile to myself as I put the parchment in my bag.

I turned to Wood who was already exiting the door. I ran a bit to catch up with him. "You could've waited."

"You could've been quicker," he said. "I also didn't think you'd want to talk to me, but I guess I'm irresistible." His smug smile was all a person could witness while looking at his face.

"Get your head out of your arse," I said.

He laughed. "I could say the same thing to you..."

"You could, but you wouldn't." I smiled at him.

He turned to me with a frown. "What?"

"Aren't Gryffindors supposed to be knights on white horses or soldiers, or other weird stuff like that with an ethics code?" I spoke. "It's too low for you, Mr "Knight in shining armour", go find a damsel in distress to save," I said with a smile.