{The Cup Is Mine}

I held my eyes to the book in front of me. My train had arrived too early, as planned. So I was sitting in an empty platform, basically wishing for the time to pass, while looking at the printed pages in front of me. Checking my watch, I realized no one would appear for a very long time. It was still seven a.m.

I closed the book suddenly and looked at the empty platform. That day, it was the one time of the year that the platform would be filled with people. Old friends being reunited, new students trying to find their way around. That feeling was one of a kind.

I stood up and exited the platform, while trying to remember the way to the Leaky Cauldron. 

"Good morning, Tom," I smiled at the bartender.

"Hey, kid." He turned and tossed me a cup of coffee.

"Oh you know me way too well..." I spoke, taking in half of the hot liquid in seconds. "No sight of the Weasleys yet?"

"Of course not," he chuckled, "you think they'd wake up so early?"

"Yeah, what was I thinking?" I said with a smile. The smile faded as I got lost into my own thoughts. Tom turned and looked at my direction with a frown.

"Why so gloomy?" he asked, "You're always in much better mood when you're starting Hogwarts."

"Oh, no," I started, "I'm still in a good mood."

"It doesn't look like it, kid."

I took his words in with an eye roll. "I'm fine, it's just early." I looked down at my empty cup and then back up at him, "Refill?"

"That stuff is going to kill you one day," he said, pouring in the coffee.

"Well, at least I'll go happy." He rolled his eyes and I smiled.

A thud was heard, and the door opened once again. I turned to look but I suddenly wished I hadn't.

"Of course," the Scottish voice mumbled with disgust, as a pair of brown eyes locked with mine.

I turned my eyes to my drink as he took a seat, three stools away from me.

"Not greeting, huh?" I spoke. "Isn't that against your house's rules or something?" I saw his fist clench.

"What is it, Wood?" I asked with a smirk, turning my eyes to look at his face. "Too proud to speak?"

"I like you better when you shut up," he said under his breath.

Tom looked up at us with a smile. "I never shut up," I claimed.

"Exactly," he said, lifting his eyes from the table.

I had just opened my mouth to speak when a voice was heard from up the stairs. "Cassandra!" I heard as a ginger boy started running down the stairs with his copy behind him as always. The older twin came rushing towards me. I hardly had the time to stand up as he captured me into a hug.

"Hello to you too, Frederick," I said, my voice muffled by his sweater.

"Let the girl breathe, Fred," his brother said with a laugh.

Wood scoffed. "I don't think she can be called a girl," he said.

"Of course you'd say that" I smiled at him, "Is it because I'm more of a man than you'll ever be?"

He peered at me as George laughed.
"Anyway," said Fred, "Nice to see you, Wood."

"Same here," he said. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be at the platform, because I'm not willing to lose the train. It's my last year."