{Tension}

Malfunctions aren't the things I know lots about, but when my head clock malfunctioned, I swore I could send my body off a cliff. I was never late. At least not by accident. I couldn't be late. Physically. I would always feel tense if I knew there was somewhere I had to be.

And guess what.

There was somewhere I had to be.

"Fuck," was the only word heard in the empty hallways as I ran towards my advanced Transfiguration class. Shoes in hand, hair in the messiest ponytail you could think of. No, really, I don't doubt that everyone who saw me, thought I have befriended some hair obsessed trolls. With one hand I managed to button up the last buttons of my shirt, which I quickly pushed under my uniform's skirt. I had no time to grab my cloak, so I had to work with what I had. One shoe in. I almost slipped while trying to wear the other one. I checked my clock.
Fifteen minutes is not a very long time to be late. Right?

Wrong.

I knocked on the door slightly, before slipping in the classroom. McGonagall let an eye on my condition before shaking her head in disapproval. "Miss Owens, please take a seat-"

But my seat was taken.

"-at one of the available ones-"

If someone told me, right there and then, that I was living in a novel, I would tell them that in that case life would finally made sense. I felt really hated by the universe.

"-but I guess the only one is next to-"

Oliver.

"-Mr Wood."

I'm so done with life.

My head turned to him. His brain was obviously filled with the same thoughts as mine. I walked over to him and sat down behind the small desk that could barely fit one person. I turned to Jeremy, my usual desk mate and flipped him off, making sure that McGonagall couldn't see a thing. Jeremy just laughed it off with his new friend and I just started cursing under my breath.
"Don't say a word," I told Wood, under my breath. 

"I wasn't planning on it." His voice as loud as a whisper. "I don't exactly enjoy talking to you."

"Well, good." I looked at him, he was almost ready to break a laugh. "I had a tough night okay?"

"I didn't ask," he said with a smile.

"Oh, your eyes did."

"Huh, I didn't know eyes could talk, interesting," he said. His smirk was noticeable even by the blindest person. That irony in his voice was so infuriating.

"I think you should start focusing on your work more. Being obsessed with me won't really help you in your NEWTs" I said, taking out my notebooks.

"As if," he said, rolling his eyes. "My studies are going fine."

"6a is wrong," I said, while fixing up my quill. 

His eyes widen as he turned his eyes on his parchment. "What? Why?"

My head was now officially into my backpack as I searched for my Transfiguration book. "Avis is the incantation for conjuring a bird dumbass." I started pulling different books out. "Avis literally means bird in latin." 

"Fuck," Wood let out as he started smudging the ink on his parchment.

"Ugh, where is my book?" Charms, Dark arts, I had even brought with me the Care of Magical Creatures' monstrous textbook, yet no Transfiguration. "Shit... Um, Wood?"

"What did I do now?" he asked me, completely annoyed. 

"Um, nothing, surprisingly," I said. "Care to share your book?"