•°•▪︎|CHAPTER 4|▪︎•°•

After a moment's silence, Jane decided to interrupt him, telling him what had happened on the earlier mission-- in which Benji also participated, without Sara-- before they got him out of prison. "Before we broke you out of that prison, before we went to pick up Sara at the airport, we were after a file. We lost it".

""We"? Who lost it? You?"

" Agent Hanaway"

"Where's Agent Hanaway?" After asking this question Jane's eyes became distant, as if she was reliving the moment, but she continued to tell the story anyway not answering Ethan's question. "It was a letter drop". Flashbacks --of how she was on that train, fighting to get an answer for Benji so he could pass the information on to Agent Hanaway-- plagued her mind. "Classified file. It should have been a simple intercept." She continued "We knew which train the courier was on." There was uneasiness was in her voice "But there was one thing we didn't know" The father and daughter duo listened intently "Who the courier was".

Benji was listening too to the story although he had to concentrate to drive the car. She shook her head slightly trying to drive the memories away. "He had the file in his hands. Easy in, easy out" Sara feared, that she knew how this was going to end. "But we weren't the only ones after it" Once again her eyes became distant-Sara swore she could even see that her eyes became a bit teary-and another flashback on how she turned around the corner, gun in hand, ready to shoot if needed, crossed her mind. "Hanaway's lens cam drew a facial match and triggered a warning...but it was to late."

A last flashback came to her mind - Agent Hanaway, almost dead, with shotgun wounds all over his upper body, looking up at her when she kneeled-before she shook her head again, this time firmly, getting all the images out of her head. "It was my op. I put him on the field. And she left him just alive enough for me to see him die". A sudden wave of guilt washed over her face, and that was when Sara understood, that's when it made klick inside her head. Apparently, she wasn't the only one that understood because she saw the mild shift in Ethan's body language. That's another trait that she gets from her deceased mother, the observance, she noticed small thing other people didn't. Agent Hanaway wasn't just her colleague, she loved him, and his death left a fresh open wound.

Ethan looked up at her, understanding where she was coming from. "I'm sorry" he muttered quietly. She took out the same phone, Agent Hanaway possessed before, turned it around and showed it to both. Recognition washed over their faces "You know her?" it was more of a statement then a question. Both nodded their head slowly "That's Sabine Moreau. Contract killer- "Sara started -remembering her when she once saw a picture of her-- "Works for diamonds. What was in that file?" Ethan ended his daughter's sentence. His voice sounded almost depressed. Jane felt newfound respect for the agent's daughter, after she had seen how quickly she had recognized the woman.

But Jane seemed upset. She didn't know if she could answer his question and trust Ethan and Sara with that information. Reading her facial expression, Ethan bent forward, resting his elbows on his knees. His face clearly said something like: "So? Are you going to tell us, or do we have to wait all day?". After a moment of hesitation, she gave up, giving them the answer, they wanted. "Russian nuclear lunch codes".

Shaking his head in slight disbelieve, he turned his head towards his daughter letting her do the talking since he didn't trust his voice at the moment. Giving him a small nod in return, she started talking, traying to remember everything her father said to her --which honestly wasn't hard for her giving the fact that she has good memory--. "IMF's been looking for an emerging extremist, code name, Cobalt. He's determined to detonate a nuclear weapon however he can. We know Moreau's worked for him before."

A little surprised that a young girl like her can remember so much she turned her head in Ethan's direction she asked him her second question "What else does IMF know about him?" Not liking his own answer, he says anyway "As much as you do now."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG GUYS I'M SO SORRY I MESSED UP SO BAD I COMPLETLY FORGOT THIS PART EXISTED, I WAS WRITING MY NEXT CHAPTER AND THEN I SAW THAT THE CHAPTERS DIDN'T ADD UP AND IT TOOK ME LIKE 10 MIN TO FIGURE IT OUT AND WHEN I DID I WAS LIKE WTF. AGAIN I'M SORRY (technicly this chapter is so short but this part is crucial for later so i have to post this)

well imma continue to write the next actual chapter lol. byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee