The Fire Flower Festival

Alex spent the following days getting dragged around by Lucas, who insisted on showing him all the different establishments he knew where they could have fun and get a good night's drink. And it's not that he minded having fun... but doing it for three days in a row was starting to take a toll on his body.

"Honestly, how are you still up and going after three days?" he mumbled, his face buried in the freshly baked pastries the inn served for breakfast.

"You just have to train more lad, once your liver gets used to it, you will too" Lucas joked, dipping a cookie in a glass filled with sweet alcohol, letting it soak nicely before eating it. 

"Don't listen to the words of this drunkard, he just got a higher tolerance than us normal people for some reason" Callon clicked back, drinking his warm milk "Speaking of people, it appears that this year's arrivals are much more numerous than the last one" Alex weakly lifted his head to stare outside of the window. Callon was right, the flow of people in the capital seemed to have proportionally increased day by day for some reason.

"Yeah, everyone is excited about the festival I guess, I've heard that this year we'll have some special musicians from the south as an opening act" that seemed to perk Callon's interest "Really? From the dreary south? They've come all this way just to play some music? Is-" he glanced at Alex before resuming "-is the Queen ok with this?" Lucas shrugged "Seems like it, otherwise, they wouldn't be able to even step foot past the main gates, don't ya think?" he nodded, holding a pensive expression "Perhaps there's more behind this, maybe she's trying to establish a positive relationship with them" Lucas picked up his glass, rolling his eyes as he drank "Perhaps we'll finally be able to see more lizard people around as wel-" he slammed the now empty glass down on the table.

"Do I need to remind you why we don't see many lizard folks around? I think you know it better than me" the elf sighed "I know I know" stretching his arms as he stood up "At the end of the day, the decision isn't ours to make anyway. Let's just get ready for the festival" Lucas nodded "C'mon Alex, get up" the young boy groaned as he slumped off his seat and up on his feet, following the two.

"It's tonight, right? This festival you kept talking about" they nodded "The Fire Flower Festival" 

"What is it about again?" the elf gave him an annoyed glare, to which he replied by rubbing his eyes, a yawn escaping "I was too drunk to remember" making him tremble in both annoyance and anger.

"Chill Cal, I'll tell him. Although you better remember this time Alex, it's the fifth time we've done this thing back and forth and it's starting to get rather annoying" Alex nodded, not paying too much attention to the death glare the elf was giving him.

"The Fire Flower Festival it's a festival we hold each year when spring arrives, it starts the night of the 20th of March and ends the following night, the 21st. The opening and closing are officiated by the Queen with a firework show that changes every year, alongside a small performance, which also changes. This year seems like we'll have a concert performance by some musicians of the south continent" he gestured to the small stage that was being set up at the center of the large square, where they could see several musical instruments, as well as musicians rehearsing their performance.

"After that, there's a short speech given by the Queen, and then the festival is officially on. The streets will be decorated with red flags, flowers and other kinds of stuff, as well as several stalls and stands for everyone's entertainment. Although this is mostly a festival meant for kids, there are attractions for adults too, so don't worry, you won't get bored"

"Why is it meant for kids?" Callon responded this time.

"Because spring is the bringer of new life, hence this festival is meant to celebrate the birth of new young ones into the world, making them feel welcomed" he wasn't facing him, but Alex could tell he was smiling fondly, he must have taken place at this festival too when he was a kid. Seeing that Callon didn't intend to continue explaining, Lucas resumed.