Chapter 51: Coinflip

Kiyotaka walked off the pitch with his team, and the Man of the Match award. The tens of millions of subscribers to BL TV were rampant in their praise. 

From her couch, Sakura and her father cheered for him. But despite his two-goal performance, it didn't appear Kiyotaka was satisfied, even with his 70-million-yen salary he was assured.

Manabu, on his phone during class, smiled after the match. 

Kei had her room littered with posters of Kiyo's face crossed up and torn to shreds from scissors and pocketknives.

But more important than any of the other useless reactions towards the development of Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, a girl with silver blond hair and violet eyes, entrapped in her room, felt alive for the first time in years. 

The scars from her childhood turned her from an extrovert into an introvert. Going to school and even sitting at her desk... was enough to give her panic attacks. She had no friends because no one wanted to go near her. Teachers weren't sympathetic to her condition and treated her harshly. Her parents were never home and her sister, who was still a stranger to her, left for the country's most prestigious high school.

She was left to her own devices. One day, however, a new app was making strides through her school. Of course, there were talks about the recent U-20 match but this was the first time she heard of an application known as 'BL TV.' 

In the beginning, this did nothing for her since she wasn't a connoisseur of sports or anything like that. However, a single mention of the name Ayanokouji Kiyotaka unlocked a piece of her trauma from years ago. 

At home, entrapped in her room, she downloaded the application and paid the small monthly fee. And soon... she saw something beyond surprising: the face... the same face of that bland existence that couldn't care less about her elimination from the program during her youth. 

She slowly watched through the highlights of his appearance in the U-20 match as well as the first game of the Neo Egoist league. 

His first goal dissecting through the defense and celebrating vicariously through a simple gesture emitted a sense of hype inside her heart. She jumped from her bed and pumped her fist but then blushed slightly out of sheer embarrassment. The second goal from a beautiful pass and then the final attack was all she needed to get hooked on the application. 

A closeup at Kiyotaka's face made her instinctively caress her fingers across her phone screen and smiled slightly.

His inclusion in football of all fields, the change in his personality and competitive edge, and even the passion she saw with all of his movements and interactions with teammates... it was apparent to anyone understanding Kiyotaka that he was now free. 

The Whiteroom didn't control his life anymore. 

Yuki, a failure from the Demonic Fourth Generation in the Whiteroom, got up from her bed and started to clean up her messy room. 

...

...

...        

Ness: Kaiser-

Kaiser: Shut up. 

Ness attempted to put a hand on Kaiser's shoulder, but he was stopped by the presence of a demon pulling up towards Kaiser and Isagi.

Shido: All bark, no fucking bite. Super sub catching an L~, and Captain 'Kaiser Impact' is now just another victim. You both just don't get it. 

Isagi and Kaiser glared over at Shido as he scoffed and smiled. 

Shido: You and me, there's a little competition going on there. But him, nah, you're tryna hit way past your weight class.