Chapter 8: Just Roommates

My face in my hands, mascara running, I can tell that I looked like shit. Why is everything happening so fast? I probably am one of his fuck-and-forget. I probably am one of those girls that fall for his charm and end up being left without explanation. Am I going to let that happen? Hell to the no. He better like booty because he can kiss my ass. I am not going that way. No way am I going to be known as another of Daxton Richmond's sluts. I wiped my face with the back of my hand as stood up from the bench, taking a deep breath.

I am strong. I can do this. Okay, right now. I am going to ignore him. Pretend nothing happened between us.

I fix myself and headed out of the park. I am so tired. I want to sleep. As I walked in the hotel doors, Dax was sitting in the lobby waiting for me. His face was buried in his hands, elbows on his knees. Awe, he looks so cute. Wait, Ally, you need to get you head out of the clouds. Wake up! He's trapping you. I walked passed him like nothing ever happened. In the corner of my eye, I watched him lift his head up and quickly stood up when he saw me. I walked faster and reached the elevator, pressing the 'up' button several times until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and just as I thought, Dax was standing there, a foot a way, with his apologetic brown dreamy eyes.

"Angel face, look. I-" he tried to make eye contact with me as I kept my eyes on anywhere but him.

"I don't want to talk to you," I said flatly. My eyes were focusing on the ground as I heard him sigh. "You might make every girl fall in love with you, but I sure am not going to fall for it. Not now or not ever." I headed my way to the elevator and he followed me. I pressed the button and doors closed.

"Oh, come on." He said softly. "Stop overreacting. I'm sorry. I don't know how I feel. And honestly, I'm not good with this shit."

"Then stop messing with my feelings. God, I feel so stupid." I raised my voice. "Look at me. Thinking that I could even have a chance with you. Daxton Richmond. The bad boy. The guy who has slept with probably every single girl in the school and probably even any girl he meets. The guy who broke so many hearts just because they fell. For you. You are not my type, Dax. And I refuse to form any feelings for you. Because I know..." I can feel tears streaming down my cheeks. "I know that everything that falls, breaks. So we are not anything, but roommates. That's it. Nothing else." The elevator dinged and the door open. I walked as fast as I could to our room. I sat down on the bed and put my face in my hands. The door shortly opened and Dax came in.

His eyes were red. It actually looked like he was crying. "Just roommates, huh?" He said so quietly it could almost be a whisper. "Not even friends?"

I looked down at my feet. "I barely know you. You just came in my life and messed with my feelings quickly."

"Exactly. You don't know me." I looked up at him to meet his eyes. "You only know what people say about me, and what you've heard, and what you think. You don't know the real me. Who I really am. You don't know anything about me. Yet, you're still trying to make me look like the bad guy." Dax ran his hands through his hair. "I'm trying my best to be the person that you think I am. I know that I don't have the best reputation, but I swear I am not at all like that. Trust me."

"Prove it." I sighed and played with the ends of my hair. " I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm really tired and I just want to go back to sleep." He slowly nodded and licked his lips and headed out the door again.

"But-" he stopped. "If roommates is all you want for us to be, then fine. I'll take it."

And with that, he left.

➰➰➰➰
Sooo what did you all think? I know it's not the longest chapter but I thought that I had owed it to you guys. So I was reading what I wrote and it's really confusing and Ally seems a bit slow. Yeah, I don't know. It's been like 2 years and I started writing this when I was like 13. Bear with me, here. So I actually have a lot planned for this book, like I actually brainstormed, so there are a lot of things to look forward to. So stay tuned, lovelies!

ReCoVoFo!!!

❤️ Nyza