chap. 3 || Good Training Session

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, heads up, Kuroo!" Exclaims Naoi loudly and blowing the whistle, ready to serve the ball at the captain of the team as Kuroo positioned himself for the ball before instantly receiving it in a flash. Kaneko stood next to Naoi and brought him the basket of balls he needed to serve at the boys. 

Practice has started and Kaneko was helping her team with the coaches.

"Thanks, Kaneko." he muttered under his breath as she nodded with pursed lips and focused eyes. Kuroo looked up at her and she smiled sweetly with a thumbs up, simple gesture that he liked and then he returned the thumbs up with a confident smirk. Cocky brat but she loved him.

"Yaku, you're next!" Naoi called as she tossed another ball to him, he served it at Yaku and he received it nicely. "Nice receive, Yaku-san!" cheered Kaneko with an encouraging smile. Yaku proudly grinned at her.

"They seem extra lively and energetic today.." mumbled Kaneko to herself as she threw another ball over to Naoi who served it over at Yamamoto. He quickly glanced to Kaneko when he successfully received it and moved his fist around for her attention, with fierce eyes, red cheeks, and a wide toothy smile, but Kaneko paid no attention to the poor player due to getting slightly surprised and jumped by coach Yasufumi's sudden reply when he heard her speaking to herself.

"Oh, trust me, it's always been that way. But they get pumped up around you, Kaneko." States the old coach with a smile as he stiffens his posture and grins proudly.

 Kaneko flinched slightly and blinks at him with a curious gaze. She tosses another ball for Naoi and replies back. "Oh yeah? I think the victory against Karasuno powered them up though.." They both watch the boys work on their receives for a while.

"I remember the matches we had with Karasuno. My friend goes there, she says their school has been getting better and better and I've done some research on them too." added Kaneko to the conversation, and Yasufumi nodded along, his gaze concentrated on the boys' practice while also speaking with her.

"We've invited them over here to Tokyo for our Training Camp, and we're both excited to train with the other. ohoho... Ukai will seriously be surprised when he sees the energy and technique our team possesses now." He smirks and grins almost in a mischievous but silly way and Kaneko couldn't help but nervously chuckle with a tilt of her head.

Kaneko tosses more balls to Naoi and the boys do more receives, "yes, but... they aren't the flightless crows they once were, they're surely just as hungry for victory as we are-" 

"Kaneko! one more ball, please." Naoi calls out and gestures with his head at the boys.

"Oh, yes, sir. sorry." She smiles apologetically before throwing another toss to the coach.  She grips another ball tightly and excitedly between her arms. The coach exhales pretty loudly and she glances to him.