The evil scheme, an ugly rat, and the start of a journey.

{Ratigan's secret lair.}

{Ratigan's POV.}

Inside a prison within a barrel, a mechanical robot is pouring tea into a cup. Flaversham is working on a podium, controlling its movements with just two levers. I'm at the door, monitoring his progress.

I chuckle evilly as I blow a ring of smoke in Flaversham's direction, "Quite an ingenious scheme, eh, Flaversham?" I pinch his cheek like he was a child of mine, "And aren't you proud to be a part of it?"

Flaversham seems to sputter out of control for a few seconds, "This whole thing.. I- I- It's monstrous!" He continues working at the controls, making the robot pour a spoonful of sugar into the tea and mix it in. I chime in as it does so, "We will have our little device ready by tomorrow evening, won't we? You know what will happen if you.. Fail..?" I hold out a little golden bell, I let it ring once.

But, instead of taking it as a threat, he becomes angry and defiant, I could tell by the way his mustache was twitching and how he'd went from sorrowful to full on scowling at me. "I.." he holds the controls, "I- I don't care!" He pulls the controls hard, causing the robot to malfunction and pour the tea onto its head. It went from the top to the pot itself, hurling the teapot towards me. I barely dodged that thing..

The robot flailed around for a moment before stopping, it squirts out some oil and it landed on my suit jacket. I scowled at the resultant stain as Flaversham yells at me some more, "You can do what you want with me! I won't be a part of this.. This evil any longer!"

As I wipe off the stain, I breathe out my cigarette smoke and smile. "Mmm.. Very well. If that is your decision. Oh, uh, by the way, I'm taking the liberty of having your daughter brought here.." I pick up his daughter's toy and wind up the key, the despair in Flaversham's voice satisfies me in a sadistic way, "O.. Olivia?" "Yes.. Hm-hm, yes.."

I set the doll down and watch the ballerina dance with fake pity, "I would spend many a sleepless night if anything.. unfortunate were to befall her..~" Flaversham panics a little, "You.. You wouldn't?!"

I pick up the doll again, and I squeezed that doll until its head popped off. I gazed at the sight with mocking sorrow, then lunge threateningly at Flaversham, "FINISH IT, FLAVERSHAM!!" With a heavy heart, Flaversham gets back to working on the robot just as I'd told him to.

Outside, I hold a piece of paper to my chest and look up at the sky, "Oh, I love it when I'm nasty." I walk up to another barrel, where a bat with a pegged-leg is hanging upside down, soundly asleep. "Fidget~?" After that, Fidget still doesn't wake up, so I yelled at that lazy little creature instead, "Fidget!!" Startled, Fidget falls from his perch and rolls down the stairs at my feet.

"Bright and alert as always," I chuckle lightly and hand Fidget a list, "Here's the list. You know what to do and no mistakes!" Fidget stammers as he flips around the list, "No, no. No mistakes, sir." He quickly reads the list, "Tools, gears, girl, uniforms.." Impatiently, I shout at him from the doorway, "Now, Fidget!!" Fidget shoves the list in a pocket in his wing and starts running to a drain grate, "I'm going, I'm going! I'm going!!"

After Fidget leaves the place, I go into the barrel and sit down on a throne, I hold out my cigarette to be lit and six or seven men offer matches to light it as multiple others cheer me on. After I blow out three smoke rings, I look at my thugs and start speaking.

"My friends.. We are about to embark on the odious, the most evil, the most diabolical scheme of my illustrious career. A crime to top all crimes, a crime that will live in infamy!!"