Chapter 11 - Levitation

Damian:

I had been following her for some time, this enigmatic girl named Braids. There was something about her, something otherworldly that piqued my curiosity. So, when she entered the bar, I trailed behind, careful to keep a discreet distance.

The bar was dimly lit, a haven for those seeking solace in the shadows. I watched Braids as she made her way through the crowd, an air of mystery enveloping her. She seemed to move with a purpose, her eyes scanning the room before settling on a particular spot.

What happened next defied explanation. Braids reached into her pocket, pulling out something small and inconspicuous. She took it swiftly, and then, to my utter disbelief, her feet left the ground. She ascended gracefully, as if pulled by invisible strings, towards the ceiling. The sight was so surreal, so utterly impossible, that I blinked several times, convinced my eyes were deceiving me.

But there she was, defying gravity, moving along the ceiling with an ease that was both beautiful and terrifying. The patrons below remained oblivious, engrossed in their drinks and conversations, unaware of the spectacle unfolding above them.

As I watched, rooted to the spot in shock, Braids suddenly vanished. One moment she was there, a spectral figure on the ceiling, and the next, she was gone, as if she had never been there at all. I scanned the room, but there was no sign of her, no trace of her presence.

Confusion and disbelief swirled within me. What kind of person was she? What secrets did she hold? My mind raced with questions, each more baffling than the last. The logical part of me struggled to rationalize what I had seen, but deep down, I knew I had witnessed something beyond the realm of the ordinary.

The air in the bar felt heavier, charged with a strange energy. I felt a compelling urge to understand, to uncover the truth behind Braids and her otherworldly abilities. But for now, I was left in the dark, grappling with a reality that had suddenly become a lot more mysterious and unfathomable.