PREFACE

ACT ONE: The Beginning

IN THE EARLY AUTUMN MONTHS OF 1977; LAID the windstrils of red hair being grazed by the gentle touch of the early morning breeze

IN THE EARLY AUTUMN MONTHS OF 1977; LAID the windstrils of red hair being grazed by the gentle touch of the early morning breeze. The light from the sun felt a flicker of warmth spreading across the ivory pallor of naked flesh. A soft cute noise of a snore rose in a soft sigh, bones ached and faded pink scratches laced the bare back of the redhead.

The low chime of a bell surrounded that of the area, birds chirped at the early morning sun rising beyond the Scottish Highlands. The wind was cold against the redheads naked flesh, an acute noise distinguished that of cold discomfort. The feeling of warmth was near, subconsciously reaching out, the redhead tugged a cotton material of a blanket on her.

The wind chimes blew softly against the nape of her neck as she leaned against the touch of a curve, tall muscular back of warmth. Her fingers spread out over the biceps, cupping the warm torso of the person as she cuddled closer. The fan of her breath fanned the neck of the man she was close to.

The crunch of leaves echoed under her ears as the man shifted pulling her closer. An uttered gasp was heard, the redheads chest pressed to his. Strands of red hair fell in the line of her delicate face, her soft prominent features so innocent in the early morning sun. Her shell pink lips muttered soft words in her dreams, her hooded almond eyes closed shut. A hand rose, brushing under her hair tucking a few strands behind her ear, she stirred.

The cold wind, the sounds of the animals and the daunting morning sun registered in the back of her mind. Her lips formed a gasp as her eyes fluttered open revealing those emerald striking green depths. The sight before her slimmed down her narrow pointed nose to the thin masculine face with full pale pink lips ushering in a soft snore. The untidy black length of messy hair covered the sides of his head and the peaks of his ears. His nose was a bit long, narrow with wide nostrils that took in a deep breath of vanilla scent.

His throat was stricken, it was warm & calm. His eyes fluttered open, a bleary sight at first as he rustled around for his circular glasses before dropping them on his face. His breath caught in the back of his throat as his eyes fell on the Auburn redhead sight of Lily Evan's. His deep pools of brown eyes stared down at their pressed bodies then back to her startled striking green eyes.

"Lily" His voice was hoarse, he groaned at talking as his head pulsed in retaliation. He sat up feeling the cotton sheets tug around his hips rubbing his fingers against his eyes as he cracked his back then pressed his hands into the grassy soil against the palm of his hands.

His mouth fell open seeing Hogwarts in the short far distance, his eyes fluttered to the far north where Hogsmeade lay with sleeping people and the townsfolk rising with the morning sun beyond the horizon.

"James, what did we do" Her voice finally reached his ears as she had been whispering his name for several seconds. James Fleamont Potter turned his head sharply seeing Lily sitting up with cotton sheets wrapped around her chest and down. Her hair was messy with pieces of grass and leaves tangled in her pin straight Auburn hair. Her green eyes sparked with concern, "So it seems that we had too much butterbeer lils" James fidgeted with the sheets.

The crack of his joke as the look of discomfort fell on Lily's face. Shortly after starting their seventh year, James had grown closer with Lily and eventually started dating. That look on her face reminded him of the years of trying with his girlfriend. "Sorry lils" He said rubbing the back of his head awkwardly for a second as nibbled on his bottom lip.

"It's both our fault. First for everything right" Her words made him laugh a bit but nevertheless nodded his head. He eyed her holding out his hand for her to take "Let's head back to the common room, hopefully not many noticed our absence" James whisked his hand, the 11in mahogany dragonheart sting core wand appears. The cotton sheets wrapped around their bodies magically turned into their clothing as their appearance became a blur and faded from sight.

The days passed to whomping twenty six days later, a pressing three weeks & a half when Lily Jane Potter gripped her wand tightly. Her Auburn hair fell in front of her face blocking her face from sight, tears pricked the corners of her eyes as heaved with silent cries. A gentle arm reared around her waist,  a mingle of blonde hair touched hers, short & cropped to the shoulders.

"Its okay Lily" The soothing voice of Alice Montague filled her ears, the girl was a fellow seventh year along with Lily & James. A few sniffles stumped her, her amber eyes sought the green teary eyes of her best friend. "No it's not Alice, I'm pregnant. I'm too young for this" The muggle-born whispered softly, the hurried steps of people passed the corridor with the hospital wing doors jolting shut.

"Lily flower" the voice of James Potter sounded, the sight of his crying girl friend broke his heart. He made a step forward when Minerva McGonagall held out her hand "Professor" He protested staring at her. "Not at this moment Mr. Potter" She said passing some documents over to the nurse who hurried off to her office with quickening steps.

"Ms. Evans told us of the event that happened to you two three weeks ago" McGonagall clasped her wands in her hands staring at James gravely as a frown eased between his brows, that moment was intimate and was meant to be not spoken of. "Now Mr. Potter, unfortunately in these turn of events we were informed of, Ms Evans?" McGonagall extended her hand to the witch.

Lily grasped her professor's hand gently as she stood up with Alice at her side, "I'm pregnant James" Those words hurtled at his heart, he stumbled back into a chair shocked sitting down running a hand down over his face. Pregnant? His lily was pregnant? With a child. His child?

A grin began taking over his face, he was going to be a father. His eyes met his girlfriend whose lips quivered to say his name as he wrap his arms around her frail body feeling her fall into his arms "I'm going to be a father. You are a mother. We are going to be parents" he rushed in a whisper seeing the look in McGonagall eyes as she hummed at his excitement.

"Lily I know the time is way off. But your Lily Evan's, a strong willed witch. We got this. It may be a struggle but together, our littlest Marauder is going to have awesome parents" James whispered reassuringly. He brushed his hand into her locks of hair tucking gently behind ear, "Lils we will be okay" The two stared at one another, for the first time in a waking moment, a smile spread across lily's face "Of course" she whispered feeling the gentle touch of his lips.

Their littlest marauder was to be born in the summer of May 1978.