CHAPTER ONE | THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE

THE EVIDENT CROSS BETWEEN DEATH & LIFE WAS NOT A NEW FACTOR TO THAT OF ALICE LILY POTTER; THE LOW hills of the Scottish Highlands graced with tall stone archways with engravings spiraling across the stones with dates & names

THE EVIDENT CROSS BETWEEN DEATH & LIFE WAS NOT A NEW FACTOR TO THAT OF ALICE LILY POTTER; THE LOW hills of the Scottish Highlands graced with tall stone archways with engravings spiraling across the stones with dates & names. The weeping was quiet, estranged and roughly with deep witted sorrow lacing through the cries. An older woman hunched over a rich brown oak made coffin, red & white rose bundled together. People dressed in black suits & dresses, a few close to the family wore stark white, a traditional colour for the dead. Bright Auburn hair was sculpted into curled waves, pinned to the right side of her head. Rich filled blue eyes shined with great sadness as a lace white headband tucked on the peak of her head. Her hair was long, falling just past her chest.

She stood by the podium, her white gloved hands slid over the wooden podium staring down at the eyes with such teary dread it broke her heart. She nibbled on her red glossed lips for a moment, what could she say to make this better? To ease them? "I'm Alice" she introduced to the people around, the thirteen year old curled her fingers, "I'm a close friend of Imogen Sprout" Her lips quivered as she spoke eyeing her best friend sitting down below her.

"People make bad mistakes thinking it can be used for good. They don't always know of the consequences of their actions" Her words held a flicker of impact as the others fidgeted in their seats. "I know that this happened. But we still remember the person who was good before. That person faced torture away from their family on a daily basis for his choices. He deserves, this funeral. He had a good heart, he loved his family and willed to keep them safe" Alice slowly exhaled a deep breath.

"Which is why we should remember Ian Rosier who he was in his early days of being good. He didn't deserve such a frail end" Alice said as she nodded her head seeing tears following down the faces of her friends. The witch made her way back over to Imogen. Alice never knew who Ian Rosier except that he took part in the torture of Alice & Frank Longbottom.

But he was also the father of Imogen Sprout, the girl who greatly took after her mother in many aspects of personality but she had her fathers deep blue eyes, his disheveled blonde strands of graying hair. His pale skin was sickly looking from his years in Azkaban. Alice heard stories from Professor Sprout when Ian Rosier walked the halls of Hogwarts with his Hufflepuff girlfriend, Adelaide Sprout.

Professor Sprout was there when her only daughter died from childbirth and when her son-in-law was arrested by the Aurors. He was the one who named Imogen. Letters once a month were passed between the father and his only daughter, the man who did evil things to protect his only daughter from the Dark Lord. It brought shame down on the Wizarding community.

Alice had her fair share of experience with the dark lord & his death eaters.  Her parents were murdered by the dark lord in a quest to kill her baby brother due his fate to destroy the man who wreaked much havoc down on the world since Gellert Gindlewald.

The redhead was named after her godmother. What led up to her birth must have been terrible timing but she remembered the words Professor McGonagall told her; You were the one the thing that secured the love between your parents. It brought a great smile down on the redhead as she thought of it. Alice Potter brushed her hand into Imogen's curling her fingers around her sweetly.