CHAPTER THREE | THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE

THE EVIDENT CHEER AMONGST THE STUDENTS OF HOGWARTS STOOD PROUD; THE glorifying castle stood at the peak of a hill overseeing the Black Lake

THE EVIDENT CHEER AMONGST THE STUDENTS OF HOGWARTS STOOD PROUD; THE glorifying castle stood at the peak of a hill overseeing the Black Lake. Dozen of lights lit up the windows of the castle, faces of the ghosts glooming down at the arrival of students for a new year. A tremendous abrupt stop of the train thrust the students up from their benches who hauled their luggages to their feet with ease. Winstrils of red hair swayed with the Scottish Highland breeze, it whizzing like a whistle against her ears. Her brown eyes coaxed with curiosity, the first years cluttered off the train to awaiting boats on the shore of the lake. The young witch grasp the handle of her luggage tugging it down to her as she felt a fluttering presence behind her. With one swift land, Prongs landed on her shoulder a talon hooked through a letter.

Alice slid her finger under his talon and pulled the letter out. She eyed the letter, the red clay stamp smeared from the rain. Her eyes shifted to Fred & George trailing after Imogen as they hurried off the train. Alice stuck behind, her fingers moving slightly over the enclosed letter. A smile curved the corners of her dimpled face, she blinked her eyes sliding the letter into her pocket with ease. The young witch hurried off seeing the crowd of students rushing to the carriages, she looked overhead for two tall redheads but saw none.

Her eyebrows pulled together, a light tug of a grown. She hurried up as one of the carriages magically appeared. Alice's eyes shifted to the boney horse, a threstal. A creature only to be seen by those who witnessed death. A chill went down her spine as she reached out to the creature, it peered at her hand, the beak of its mouth fell into the palm of her hand. "Oi Potter, get on up" A voice halted her.

Alice grimaced seeing Adrian pushing his luggage onto the carriage followed by pulling hers up. "Hurry along, we don't have time" he said reaching out his hand. Alice sadly moved from the threstal taking his hand as he helped her up and the carriage moved off. "Were you able to complete the transformation" Adrian eyed the redhead as she had this twinkle in her eyes "Of course, now I am going have to tell Mcgonagall" she muttered playing with the edges of her robes.

"Yes, the ministry will have you sent off if you didn't share with that kind of news" Adrian whispered pressing his hand against her knee seeing the look of fright in her eyes "Don't heed too much of my words Alice. We don't have to say a thing. I won't tell him. You know never when our ability will come in handy one day" Adrian trailed off giving Alice time as her eyes widened, "She came to you too? For the registry?"

"Professor Mcgonagall only asked her two best students. Me and you, now shocking enough you won't believe what I became" Adrian shuttered to which Alice grinned ear to ear "Now you must share with me" Potter glanced at him, seeing his eyes close briefly "A blimey lion. Bloody hell if Slytherin knew" an adorable expression shown on his face. Alice smiled leaning over gently giving him a kiss on the cheek "That just proves your a Gryffindor at heart Adrian. Nothing to be ashamed of"

Adrian rolled his eyes, eyeing her "what are you? Are you something fierce and strong"

Blush crept on her cheeks, she rolled her eyes slightly at his comments "I'm a deer of all animals" Alice said with a shrug of her shoulders as her eyes shifted to the gate up ahead and students going up the trail to the school. Alice sighed "Harry's first year. I just hope his first year will be good" she told Adrian whose eyes searched on the lake for the first years seeing the small lights of lanterns bobbing away with the waves. "I knew that being your parents child has been hard. I think I know enough except mine were death eaters" Adrian commented ready to clasp her hand when the carriage was coming to a halt.