CHAPTER FIVE | THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE

THE CHARMING CHESHIRE GRIN PLASTERED ON THE SMOOTH LIPS OF CEDRIC DIGGORY SWOONED MANY GIRLS at Hogwarts, the whispers about him fixated among the third years and several fourth year girls

THE CHARMING CHESHIRE GRIN PLASTERED ON THE SMOOTH LIPS OF CEDRIC DIGGORY SWOONED MANY GIRLS at Hogwarts, the whispers about him fixated among the third years and several fourth year girls. It was almost as charming as the topic of Draco Malfoy amongst the first years gambling their coins on who would best the young lad. His choice of words, his attitude to ton of the student body already sparked debate on whether people liked him and hated him.  A few choice rumors that made way to Alice Potter who was sitting at her table with Cedric Diggory as her partner. Her blue eyes caught sight of his grey eyes, they stared at each other.

"Do you know the answer?" Cedric finally asked her in their bubble of silence. The redhead blinked, the question that Professor Flitwick gave her and Cedric. "Right the properties of the charm spell Stupefy" Alice said getting her quill pen out jolting down her answer.

"It's to stun the target, render them unconscious for a certain amount of time" Alice finally announced, her answer stilled Flitwick with pride. Alice Potter might be a troublemaker with the Weasley twins but she held a fire in her gut and was one of the brightest witches of her year.

"Perhaps you shall like to try Miss Potter?" The professor asked the young witch encouraging her and Cedric to get up from their seats to the front of the class. Alice nibbled at her bottom lip, she nodded her head taking her wand from her pocket. Her thumb brushed over the small stone at the end of her wand as the palm of her hand closed around it. She raised her wand pointing at Cedric who took his out.

"Now Mr. Diggory I want you to try to disarm Miss Potter before she has the chance to say Stupefy. A perfect charm is being-" He leaned down whispering in the young boys ear. Alice watched in despair seeing the smile spread across Cedric Diggory's face. That was the charm of Cedric diggory, that smile of his. Alice triumphantly held her ground meeting his eyes as Flitwick stepped back waving both his hands, "Begin"

Alice wasted no time, "Stupefy" Her words flowed through her magic, it seeped into a pool of energy shooting out of her wand towards a shocked Cedric who was quick to recover "Expelliarmus" he said pointing his wand dodging the charm thrown at him from Alice.

"Protego" Her words fell off her tongue before touching her wand. A translucent shield magically fell over her for a split second as she grabbed her wand "Expelliarmus" she yelled out, the magic split and jolted against Cedric pushing him back onto the ground and his wand flying to Alice's hand with ease.

The palm of her hand bruised quickly from the abrupt force of the wand hitting her hand, "Well done Miss Potter, Mr Diggory" Flitwick clapped at both his star students as he hoisted the Hufflepuff student up to his feet with a little magic from his wand.

Cedric held out his hand for a quick truce with the witch, she eyed his hand for a split second before shaking it briefly. "I believe this will be a start of a friendship with you two, right?" Flitwick toasted with a quick witted laugh at the embarrassment that colored the cheeks of Alice Potter and Cedric Diggory. Pink blossomed in their prominent cheeks, Alice sauntered off back to her table sitting down.