Prolouge

-

Nabu Malikata, The Goddess of Flowers.

According to legend, she wandered the barren wastes for seventy-two days. Springs gushed from her wounds, becoming streams that flowed into gardens. Water lilies grew in these gardens, and the Jinn were born from them.
The first jinn begged her to stay with them, and she relented. Purple flowers resembling the moon bloomed wherever she stopped, and they were called Padisarahs.
When the Goddess of Flowers danced, real Padisarahs would bloom underneath her feet.

King Deshret, The Lord of Deserts.

According to legend, Deshret was a "son of the sky," which was why he received fervent worship from the "three great tribes" of the desert. However, he was said not to have known about the three moon sisters or the era of the Seelie, suggesting that he was only active after that period.
King Deshret was known as the "king of warriors, horticulturists, and sages." His domain was the desert and he was the master of the one thousand and one Jinn.

The Three Eternal Companion-Gods consisted of King Deshret, Nabu Malikata, and Lord Rukkhadevata. The three of them became oathbound friends, and ruled a kingdom in Sumeru together.

Though, due to the Deshret's ambitions, he was even willing to rebel against the Heavenly Principles to fulfill them. He took his plans into account and told Nabu Malikata, who then warned him of the consequences.
He remained convinced, he didn't care.
Still, the strength of his desires was what garnered the sympathy of Nabu Malikata.

After Lord Rukkhadevata knew of their plans to go against the Heavenly Principles, she departed from the desert. Constructing her civilization in the rainforests.

The Goddess of Flowers ultimately sacrificed herself in order to conduct a ritual which would guide Deshret to understanding "all there was to know about the skies and the abyss," bringing down sandstorms which laid waste to the kingdom they had created.
Atlas, Nabu Malikata died due to the malice of the burning sun and yellow sand.

"It has been suggested that she had planned her death so that the bitterness of her death would preserve her legacy forever."

King Deshret, who was enamored with her, never realized her intentions.

He was in love with The Goddess of Flowers and she was aware of his affections.

Following Nabu Malikata's death, King Deshret eventually descended into madness and was further deceived by his counsels.
He was left alone to rule his kingdom.
His death was followed with none of his desires fulfilled.

-

"..The Goddess of Flowers began to dance, and Padisarahs bloomed wherever she stepped!"

"Woaaaahh!! Really?!"
"But, Miss Nilou.. no Padisarahs ever bloom underneath your feet when you dance!"

The dancer chuckled, she was flattered, in a way.
As they say, The Goddess of Flowers was described as 'ineffably beautiful'.

"I'm not the Goddess of Flowers, of course it wouldn't.."

"But you said your clothing and dance is all based off of her!!"
"Yeah, that's right! You're so pretty too!!"
"What if you're prettier than the Goddess herself?!"
"You're silly, she IS a goddess!"

Ah.. there they go.
Nilou wasn't sure if she should be flattered, or offended in the Goddess's stead. Though one question lingered in her mind.

"Why do you dance, Miss Nilou?"

She thought of the most suitable answer, an answer that could be understood by the children.
Then, she spoke; "You need an extreme amount of talent to get knowledge and wisdom. Many people throw their entire lives into it, only to end up burned out or failed.."

She continued,

"Dance isn't like that. You don't have to understand what you're seeing to enjoy watching it. If I can use my movements to demonstrate the beauty and meaning of dance, then I'm happy."

Her response offered smiles to the children, they were left with a good moral that day.
Taking all their memories of her stories and performances back to their families.

Nilou smiled, it was another satisfying day.
Though, it was time she makes her way to Zubayr Theatre.

-

"As a Matra, it is one of my duties to help people 'remember' the mistakes they have made."
Cyno voiced in an intimidating demeanour. His eyes was sharp and piercing.
Though the General Mahamatra never lets anyone or anything slide if they were associated with atrocious crimes — crimes that needed for justice being brought to light.
Because through him, justice is served.

"Yeah, but if we're considering the factors of your unfunny jokes, height and style.. it's quite hard to take you seriously." Tighnari voiced, mocking his bestfriend.

"What? My jokes are funny."

"In your dreams."

"I'm not that short."

"You're double the size of a toddler. If you stand next to one, they'd be the same height as your shoulders."

"Enough."
"What about my style..?"

"Hm, well.." Tighnari sipped his drink, analysing Cyno's fit from top to bottom.
"You're usually.. barefoot. You're hair is covering one of your eye which makes you look emo. Your clothes are.. actually, you're pretty much not even wearing any. The only other thing you wear is your black cloak."

Ouch. Didn't have to be so judgy about it.

"My clothes are what symbolises the desert, it should also stand out for me.. for I am the General Mahamatra after all."

"Won't people mistake you for worshipping King Deshret or something..? The clothes are oddly.. and scarily similar."

"I don't have any comments on that."

In Puspa Café, it can be seen that two bestfriends are talking. It was quite an absurd scene, isn't it? A botanist and forest ranger talking to the General Mahamatra, leader of all matras.
Though since they're good friends and deem good connections, most citizens aren't that surprised.

"Zubayr Theatre's hosting a dance performance today! Let's go! We shouldn't miss it!"
"I heard the dancer's really beautiful.."

Tighnari's ear twitched, looks like another performance will be held today.

"Dance performance?" Cyno tilted his head, glancing at Tighnari for an answer.

"You don't know? The Zubayr Theatre from the Grand Bazaar area often holds performances from time to time. The dancer's name is Nilou, and she's quite the beautiful one."
"If you still have time to spare rather than going to work, you should give it a visit."

"What? Nonsense. Someone as busy as me has no time to watch dance performances."

"If you're really that busy you probably wouldn't be swinging your legs and drinking my treat in this cafe."

Cyno chuckled.
Though of course, he did need to return to his duties soon. He especially made some time to catch up with his friend, is all.
The work of the General is always piled up.

Though, it wouldn't hurt to take a short detour.