// Author's note //

Thank you for every Tumblr post, Wattpad book, Tiktok video and Pinterest board for feeding me and my book with ideas and beautiful things.
Big thank you for all the content creators for inspiring such a book, letting it come to life.

》This is a fanfiction of Everbyte's Duskwood gameplay. All rights to them. Moonvale - which contains a side story for those who have played trough Duskwood -, has in no shape or forms came out when this story started to shape in my mind. I only read trough the informations we got from Everbyte, and am continuing to gain as much knowledge as possible. The story doesn't neccesarily depends on the events of Moonvale.

The afterfire includes content that might not be suitable for some readers. I've included a list of these elements at the end of the author's note. If you have concerns, please check it out so you can decide whether to continue reading.

》My previous and ongoing fanfictions are in no way relevant to Duskwood gameplay, this is the only book under this name.

》Gramatical errors may occur, as English is my second language, and am working on these late at night. Feel free to correct me.

》Insulting each other and real people is not allowed in the comment section. Anything can be added to the story as long as it does not offend the writer or fellow readers. Constructive criticism formulated according to human etiquette is welcomed. We are all here because we love this story and these people. Let everyone enjoy it in peace.

》I love reading comments, so please feel free to drown me in them!

》Updates are scheduled between one to two weeks. If it doesn't happen, it is clearly for a reason. If I ever feel unable to finish this book - which I don't think will happen -, I will definitely let you know. You don't have to worry about that. :)

》A playlist for this book can be found on Spotify under the name of Duskwood - The afterfire [fanfiction] by me, slytherinlizzy.

The afterfire includes: memories of childhood trauma; mental health problems directed at various characters; use of alcohol, cigarettes; mentions and graphics of injuries, blood, vomiting, explosion, sexual related content, murder, death, suicide, abuse; violence; nudity; strong language; stalking; continuous violation of personal and security rights; dark themes