Four

"Sit down everyone," Mr Kim called to his family and secretary as he approached the dining room, where they were waiting for him. He hobbled his way to the long, oak table, trying to get himself a chair to sit on. His struggle to do so only showed how weak he had become. Areum quickly came to her husband's aid, pulling the chair back for him. 

 Taehyung let out a huff of breath as he ignored the both of them and pulled a chair out for himself, making sure it was loud enough for everyone to know how annoyed he was about having to go through with what they were doing. He then plopped himself down in the chair with a scowl. 

 Allie rolled her eyes at his childish outburst but kept her mouth shut for the sake of the others in the room. His desire to own his father's company was obviously stronger than his desire to be an adult, she thought to herself. It wasn't an unusual occurrence. 

From across the table, she noticed Jungkook quickly coming to her mother's side to pull a chair out for her. He gave her a small bow as she thanked him and sat down in it, allowing him to push it close to the table for her. 

Allie tried not to break out into a squeal at his gentlemanly act as he took his own seat at the table. Knowing she would look odd to him and her family members, she walked over to that side of the table and took the opportunity to take the seat right beside him. He gave her a polite smile as she did so. 

His eyes, however, couldn't hide their questioning, and she couldn't answer them. 

Taehyung sat alone on one side of the table now, looking like some sort of arrogant criminal that wasn't going to cough up information.  He tapped the oak surface of the table with his nails impatiently, looking at the rest of the group across the table from him with an unimpressed glare. "So?"

His father coughed loudly as he scowled at his son.

"Taehyung." Areum sent him a scolding look. She turned to her husband in concern and pat his shoulder gently through the coughing fits. 

"I have a very busy timetable-"

"If you're so interested in this will, Taehyung, you'll keep your mouth shut." His father shot at him. 

 Taehyung's mouth clamped shut almost immediately. His dark eyes burned holes into his father's face.

Jungkook cleared his throat as he looked between the two men awkwardly, his usual polite smile on his face. His gaze settled on his employer, "Mr Kim, would you like me to read some of the suggestions you wrote out?"

Taehyung's father nodded. 

Jungkook turned to Allie, his hand heading to the tiny space between them, "Excuse me." 

Allie quickly moved out of the way, allowing him to retrieve the small briefcase he had beside him. She recognized it as the one her mother had left on the kitchen counter earlier that day. So that's what it was. 

Jungkook's hand slightly brushed the outside of her thigh as he pulled the suitcase up. He mustn't have noticed - at least she assumed he didn't, because he didn't say anything about it. She however, did notice it. The shiver that went through her body at his touch was electric. She could have used all that electricity and shot it Taehyung so he ended up all fried like an animated character does after getting electrocuted. 

Jungkook pressed his lips together as he brought the briefcase up on the table for everyone to see. He opened the buckles that held down the lid and pulled it off before taking out the documents. He placed it down on the table before pulling a small container from his pocket. He opened it to reveal a pair of reading glasses. 

Allie watched him with a tilted head as he placed them on his nose. She had never known that he needed glasses, but she should have known sooner. The glasses caused his attractiveness to sky rocket...as if it he wasn't attractive enough already.