Chapter Thirteen

Nikki's POV

I ended up deciding to stay at the tower. It felt good to constantly be near a strong support system, which I now had and consisted of all the Avengers. I figured it would be better to be living closer to them, especially when the rough days came as they did so often.

There had been several days when one or two of them had to physically restrain me from digging a knife into my skin or taking a bunch of pills. I always felt guilty after those times, but ended up feeling grateful in the end. I pretty much had someone watching me all the time, which at first I complained against, but after the first time I broke down and tried to kill myself again...I actually begged for it. A schedule was worked out so that I would never be alone until I showed that I really was getting better and not trying to end my life ever few days.

At first it was awkward.

Living with my uncle who had pretty much forgotten about me before I was forced back into his life.

It took a while, but we built up a close relationship, and he vowed to never speak to his sister again after he heard how she had subtly acted after I came out. I assured him that it wasn't a big deal, but Tony seemed very adamant that he would never contact my mom again because of how much she and my dad had emotionally hurt and manipulated me.

It was nice to have a family of sorts again.

Nice to have people who actually cared.

Nice to actually feel like I was wanted.

Who knew that running into a boy on the busy streets of New York City could change someone's life so much?

Word Count: 294

Author's Note

GUYS I AM LITERALLY CRYING I HAVE BEEN WRITING THIS STORY FOR OVER A YEAR AND A HALF IT HURTS TO FINISH. This story started with an idea of one scene and wanting to write my life as a fictional story, and it turned into a freaking NINETEEN THOUSAND WORD fanfiction. Thank you for all yor support, and I cannot express enough gratitude to you for taking the time to read my crappy vent writing. Thank you so much! I hope you have a lovely day/night!

I am so sorry for how crappy this story turned out. I started writing it to vent when I was in eighth grade, making myself into a character. (Yes, Nikki is me) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to write it as good and consistently as I wanted, having it skip around and just overall be a mess. In the next part I'm going to list/explain all of the things I included/mentioned/some things I wasn't able to incorporate. It's basically just be ranting, so feel free to just end reading here as the story is indeed over.