(C. 17) The Concert

The venue was indeed a bar of sorts, and a poorly lit one at that. The walls were covered in graffiti and the windows blacked out with newspaper. There were maybe fifty to a hundred people there. Some mingled, some hanging by the bar, a group of them crowded around the base of a low slung stage where a man was performing, dancing. Chuuya looked around. he had never been to a concert like this one before.

"Oh! Sorry is playing!" Gin exclaimed, grabbing Akutagawa's hand and dragging him towards the crowd.

"Don't drink." Akutagawa called back to Chuuya over his shoulder, "You're our designated driver and neither of us have our licenses."

Chuuya went to call out to Akutagawa, to ask him not to leave him alone, but shame at such a thought stopped him. The siblings disappeared into the crowd and Chuuya surveyed his surroundings once again. Finding himself a place near a pillar at the back of the throng, he leaned his back against it, letting the music fill his senses. It wasn't his favorite, but it wasn't bad either.

The song ended and Chuuya watched as someone ran up onto the stage, whispering something into the lead singer's ear. He covered the microphone and the pair had a silent conversation, the room filling with the chatter of the crowd, before the man ran off stage again. The singer turned around, saying something to his band. They all nodded and he uncovered the microphone, turning back to the crowd.

"All right!" he announced, and the talking quieted, "All right. Now, I know you guys aren't here for us, but thank you for being a great crowd tonight!"

There was a cheer from the room at large.

"And!" the singer spoke again, quieting the room, "and, I know that Kadaver Kids are supposed to be on now, but, uh, they're having some technical difficulties at the moment and we have been asked to play one more song. Thank you again, we are Sorry!"

The song began and the crowd let out a general noise of discontent with it's pacing. Backstage, Y/n was sitting in a raggedy arm chair and panicking.

"What the fuck!" she exclaimed, holding her hands out towards her shoes, "What the fuck."

Just as she had stood up for their entrance onto the stage, the rubber platform of one of her knee high, lace up leather boots had cracked. A man rushed up to her, having just come from the stage.

"Okay, Sorry has agreed to play another song but he asked if you could sing the other vocals? Cause Asha has a stomach bug and Louis has been struggling without her."

"What song is it?"

"Screaming in the Rain Again."

"Um.. uh, yeah. Yeah, I know that one. Get me a mic and can someone help me get these off? Of course this had to happen the night my best fucking friend and my brother came to see us play. Jesus."

"I'll handle it." Violet, the guitarist, said, turning to Dazai and Rampo, "You guys get out into the crowd. We'll be on in no time."

"Sure." Rampo shrugged.

"Good luck there Bunny." Dazai smiled, ruffling Y/n's hair.

She glared at him.

"If you... I'm already having enough problems! Don't go fucking with my hair now too!"

She held her hands to her head, making sure her braids were still neatly in place. Dazai laughed as he and as he an Rampo headed out, the man returned with a microphone, handing it to Y/n. She took it as Violet knelt to the ground before her and began undoing the laces on her boots.

"And... go!" the man directed, a hand to the earpiece he was wearing.

Y/n raised the microphone to her mouth.