Vanmozhi - Neeya Pesiyathu

Arulmozhi stormed in search of his akka Kundavai. His akka has always been stubborn. She always did what she wanted to do. She cares for him like how a mother would protect and guide her son. He respects her, admires her a lot ..to an extent that she is his role model. He would always look up to her. But that does not give her the right to take every decision in his life. He has his own right to take decision in his life - at least his marriage. He has his own reasons for not agreeing with his sister in this part and he will make her understand.

"Akka! Akka!" Arulmozhi called for his sister. He found her in her room. He stormed in with determination to make her understand his point of view and cancel the marriage between him and Vanathi. The marriage is suddenly planned by his sister - forcefully planned by her i.e strategy of the Kodumbalur Maama - Boothi Vikrama Kesari which he will never allow to happen.

"What happened my brother! Why are you shouting my name.."

"Akka. Have I ever in my life disagreed to anything you said? Have I ever disrespected you? hurt you? Why are you punishing me like this akka?"

"What? Why are you speaking like this? I am punishing you? What nonsense ... Why would I punish my lovely brother? One whom I adore and care like my own. Not even in my dream I would think of hurting you..What happened Arulmozhi?"

"Akka. What you thought while arranging my marriage with Vanathi I don't know. But I am not at all interested in this akka. Never ever would I marry that girl. So don't force me to marry  that girl akka please."

"What! Why are you talking like this Arul? What is wrong with that girl? She is perfect for you. She will be the best life partner you could ever have. Why are you so against this marriage Arul? Why tell me the reason?"

"Akka. I don't know what black magic she did to bewitch you like this but I won't fall in their trap akka. She is just like others ...she wants the crown akka. She wants the power of the Chola Desam... she wants to be the queen of this vast country. Even if she does not want to she is just a pawn in her uncle's hands. I am sure that he is the master mind behind all this plan. It is for this very reason I won't marry her akka."

"What! What rubbish are you speaking Arulmozhi? She is a kind soul who would never think ill of anyone. She is not like what are you thinking about her. She is a simple soul who is not behind materialistic pleasures. She is not scheming for the throne Arul. She is not even aware of this arrangement. Don't make decisions in such haste manner. Think twice before doing anything. Is this how I raised you Arulmozhi?"

"Akka. I am not making decisions in haste manner. This is my decision. Even if she is not behind the throne she will just be a pawn in her maama's hands which I don't like and want. I will never love her and care for her like how a man should love his other half. In a forced relationship how can I find myself to love her akka. It is not fair for me and her. Don't destroy our lives akka. I repeat again I will never agree to this forced marriage akka. Never. Pure love can't be found in situations like this. Especially not in that princess. Instead you can find that in the common people like that boat girl - Poonghuzhali."

"Hah! Now you came to the point Arul! You are the one who has been bewitched Arul. You are speaking of true love but are you sure that you are looking at the right place? Are you not too hard on my Vanathi Arul? You have not even met her and here you are speaking as if you know her. Seriously I never thought that my brother would speak like this. You are the one bewitched Arul."

"I am not akka. I am just saying that I don't want to marry that girl akka. That's it."

"Arul...Listen...................."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ayya! Can you do me one favour? Could you please tell this in front of my akka? I am sure that if you say this akka will believe. Please just do this for me Ayya! I will be forever debted to you if you do this."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Akka. Finally you listened to my plea. Thank you akka."

"Huh. For what?"

"For cancelling the marriage."

 "You are thanking the wrong person though. You should be thanking the one who fulfilled your wish of not marrying my Vanathi. You should be thanking the astrologer who said that you and my Vanathi are not compatible so should not proceed with this marriage. You should be thanking that one soul who made it happen. That one soul whose heart you broke, shattered it into million pieces. One who literally pleaded to stop this marriage. One who fought tooth and nail to fulfill your wish. My kanmani, en uyir thozhi Vanathi."

"What? Akka what are you saying?"

"Yes Arul. My kanmani pleaded with the astrologer to lie that her and your kundali does not match and so you guys are not compatible with each other. My kanmani thought that by this she would break the marriage and fullfill your wish of not marrying her. My Vanathi thought that by this way she would break off the marriage despite loving you only to fulfill your wish of breaking this marriage. I found out that she was behind this...And yes she is the mastermind but the mastermind of breaking this alliance... My kanmani who never ever lied to me once lied just for your sake. My one and only Vanathi admitted to breaking this alliance after I caught her red handed. She was literally pleading with her uncle to break off this alliance. I saw my Vanathi scheming behind my back ...for once you are right I never thought that my kanmani would backstab me but she did that only for you. Yes Arul. She is a witch ... she bewitched me with her pure heart...heart that longs for unconditional love..one that longs for the embrace of true love one that would shower all the love that this world have snatched from my Vanathi. She will get it Arul. I swear it. I swear that I will make sure that my Vanathi will get all the love that she deserves whether you will be the one to do so is the question. Never mind. I don't care anymore. I will see to it that she lives a peaceful life with her other half who will give her the love that she deserves...who will cherish my Vanathi. Till now my Vanathi suffered a lot but hearafter she will only be smiling. I will make sure of it. I will pray to Lord Shiva for that. "

"Akka" Arulmozhi stood speechless. It took him a while to grasp the situation. Wait did akka said that Vanathi loved him?