Nn 2

Isis

I let my face rest on the palm of my hand as my elbow leaned on the table that carried Sonya and Princess's belongings.

It wasn't much, just prescription contacts provided by travel doctors, and a few things they had pocketed from Charles place.

"How long you gone stare at him!" Princess asked, smacking her lips and swinging her hips with a hand plastered over the white T she wore.

I turned my glance away, twisting mine as Sonya snapped on Princess for even mentioning anything.

"He hasn't spoken to me. One day we were good and than the next- he just seemed different."

I wasn't sure what was going through Asa's head. I thought he and I were in a good place, as acquaintances.. as friends.

And though we were just that, sometimes I felt my heart trickle with warmth around him, but that was something I'd never admit. It just seemed so unreal for me.

It was upsetting seeing the drift, especially because it was noticeable. It wasn't like he was being cold, but it seemed like he was disappointed in something i'd done.

Not even just disappointed, but it appeared he was second guessing thoughts about me even though I didn't do shit to make him feel as such!

Then, he got jumped. He never told me who jumped him or why they did it, but I just knew that's what happened and now he carried a sling shot around his arm with a disturbed look.

Even when I tried asking about that, he shrugged it off. For a moment I thought I heard him murmur, "Worry about Jonah"

But I was sure my ears were deceiving me. I just watched as his free arm wrapped around Sophia, who smiled with delight on her face and giggled with the group they spoke to.

My feelings.. I think my feelings were hurt?

"Bitch! It's so many different mens out here. He not the only tree you can climb!" Princess reminded, trying to be helpful, but only received another scolding from Sonya.

"I don't like him.. it's not that." I finally dropped my eyes from him and turned to them, who questioned my words.

"Sure, sweetie!" Sonya sat beside me, patting my back. "You know you didn't do anything. He's probably just acting like that because of Sophia. You know, the other day she tried to get deets on you? She wanted to know so much about you."

"Really?" My lip jumped and I squinted towards her, but all that could be seen was swaying blond hair and sunglasses that were planted in it.

"Yup!" Sonya popped the 'p' with a severe head nod. "I don't think she likes you much."

I let that statement sink in for a while and stayed quiet as the conversations around the room trotted down.

Sophia had everyone's attention, with her hand up and a beach bag stashed right on her arm. "Good evening, family!"

Everyone seemed to be interested in what she had to say, including myself since I was a little invested in her life.

"As you all may know, we've achieved so much in the past few months. We've inhabited so many new people here in just less than four weeks!"

Immediately, the warehouse began clapping, excited and appreciative of her echoing voice of encouragement.

"We are currently in the process of housing 221 people in this unit! And we're open to welcoming more residents in need! With that being said, if you suspect that someone is being harmed, homeless, or in an unpleasant situation, PLEASE, let us know!"